1994 Orange Clockwork - Finished with Pics

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
As a fan of Orange as long i've been in to bikes, and having owned two previously, it seemed i should add one to my retro stable :)

Frame: 1994 19" Orange Clockwork

Fork: Orange F9

Headset: Deore LX
Stem: Answer ATAC
Handlebar: Orange Hot Rod
Grips: Onza Ules

Brakes: Dia-Compe 987
Brake Levers: Suntour XC Pro

Shifters: Deore DX Thumbies
Front Derailleur: Deore DX
Rear Derailleur: Deore DX
Cassette: HG70 7sp
Chain: HG70
Cranks: Deore XT

Rims: Mavic M231 CD
Hubs: Deore DX
Tyres: Tioga Psycho/K

Saddle: Flite Ti

Weight: 24lb(ish)

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01189.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

If anyone can confirm the year, i'd be grateful. My first thought was 1994, but the DX components suggest 1993. Cheers :)

it doesn't look the same as mine and that was confirmed as a 93, i think this is the 94. check the citrus thread, that had a NOS bike exactly the same as that one. :D

just checked the citrus thread and the mint one in there is listed as a 94, same exact paint job but it has stx on it, could have sworn that was a later groupset than 94, i know my c16r came with stx alivio mix and that is a 96.

i also checked the catalogues pdf's and unfortunately the only ones i haven't got are 94 and 95 but it isn't in the 93 for sure.

did you get it frame only?

well dx would still have been around in 94 no problem, maybe he got it shop built as opposed to off the peg built from orange then from the shop. or he could have got it frame only himself. i originally got my explosif frame on it's own in 94 and then built as i wanted, people always play with stuff wanting it to be different from the next guys bike.

also he could of liked the frame and paid to upgrade from stx, back then the clockwork sort of became more entry level coz the presitge/p7/aluminium o/ etc were considered higher spec models so would have got the higher spec groupsets like dx/xt/xtr but if he liked that frame he would have upspecced the bike. that i think is the most likely thing to have happened.

looks nice, i like :D :cool:

It was an insurance replacement for a stolen Clockwork, so he may have had a 1994 bike built to the same spec as his older, stolen one.

sounds likely, you'd want at least the same spec as your old bike, and if he had a 92 or 93 before they would have likely been dx, make sense.

Done a bit more digging through some old mags (not the smutty ones) and catalogues that are stashed under my bed, it's 1994 :)

Back