BH Top Line - Grisley Mega. Mid 90´s Fat-tubes.

madjh

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Back in the 90´s the power of the steel was strong. All bicycles have thin tubes. Then, a new brand comes with a very special frame: It was Called Grisley and it was a second brand from BH. In that era I love this bicycle:

f8e1536071eb11064188306a10f12e5f.jpg

My bicycle have BH stickers and in other areas have Grysley stickers. I personally like more Grisley stickers but it seems to be near imposible to get a new set. The Mega 40 is quite difficult to find and all the Megas I have found were in not very good condition, so I went to the B plan: The BH Topline. I have found one in good shape.

I can show little because it is in process. I have order a new handlebar, a Marzocchi XC 700, It needs new tires, pedals, etc

This is my frame, quite different from anything. Very fat tubes and that rear curve ...

3494c140-4573-495f-bc58-50cff32496b2-jpeg.4905873

The fork I have order:

25q6a3a.jpg

It has one problem that fork, I cannot use with cantilever and this bicycle needs cantilever, so I have order this part too:

2rxhbp3.jpg

Now I have to wait to get all parts and see the result. Close to the magazine, but not the same :)

Thats's a titanium coloured XC700 on the pic, isn't it? :) Not a silver one.

And for sure it can be used with cantilever, the original cam is missing.

Still waiting all the parts. The titanium fork is not easy to find, I like more than the silver but this unit was at a reasonable price and it is working (I will check if it is true when arrive). This will be my commuter. More simple and more cheap than a classic but not as boring as a cheap modern bicycle.

I have fit new tires, a new classic stem and tomorrow I will fit the new handlebar and grips and I think I will do a photo and upload with the rigid fork.

I will have problems with the front wheel, the hub needs service or a new wheel. I need a new casette too, the previous owner fit a 6 speed and the shifters are 7 speeds ... I haven´t checked until today ...

291494.jpg

It is too late, I would love to buy one, but the silver is coming. :(

The rear wheel is not the original for sure. It is a very cheap one. It is the only drowback of this bicycle, both wheels are not the stock ones and are quite cheap.

The brake pads have been replaced for the most cheap too. Brakes works fine but have no power.

The front wheel is fixed, it was easy but the rear no. The casette don´t whant to go out so the bicycle is still in the shop. Tomorrow I will take it. I whant to ride it to check every thing and to test it despite the fork is not here.

This top line is the same as the Mega 30, both with STX group and same components.

I know very well the type of wheels the mount. The Rigida Laser. I have own it in a Decathlon Rock Rider 500 from 1996. The rigida Laser 40 looks nice, rides well but were very fragile.

0f0ac4e046a95b54c4fd91069868e1b0.jpg

Well, it is back and it is amazing. I rode some paths and it is quite funn.

This bicycle is so envolving, you are focused in the path, you have to learn againg how to ride and be carefull.

The cantilvers have few power but enough for this speed. A 2.25" front tire helps a lot with small bumps.

I have enjoyed a lot. Firts ride and I love it. Slow and funn, different from todays trends.

Now, waiting the fork, but I like with this one. I have some problems with the rear wheel, perhaps too much funn today :LOL: The second photo was too much for this bicycle and for me. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20190709_203820 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20190709_203820 (Medium).jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 1,496
  • IMG_20190709_203431 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20190709_203431 (Medium).jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 1,497
They are good fun. Had a low end version for a while. Not many about over here.

Nice bike.

Attachments

• grisley%20fin%20web.jpg
    grisley%20fin%20web.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 1,453
Nice, I like the red one, looks in very good condition. I have also saw in dark blue. The Mega 10 was the lowest of the range but looks nice.

Back