'96' Ritchey Soft Tail Frischi Tribute

Senior Retro Guru
This is my first build post, not my first bike but it has taken me a while to sort out posting pictures.

This is my 199Something Ritchey Soft Tail.
It's a frame I have always wanted but rarely came up for sale

I found this one listed quite poorly on eBay, pictures and description were very limited and the asking price was in my opinion quite high.
I messaged the seller a few times but didn't really go anywhere until I took a punt and made quite a low ball offer....
To my surprise the seller accepted and collection was arranged.

So here is a picture from the evil add ..

As you can see, it was fully built with all the Ritchey components from the catalogue, none of which did the frame any justice in my opinion.
It just all looked too new, but may well be period correct?

I already had a build plan in my mind, which involved m900, Judy SL's and other stuff.

Got the frame home and didn't wast any time in stripping it down and giving it a good clean....

As you might be able too see it's got a little patina which I like.

So the first thing I wanted to secure was a tidy set of Judy SL's, and thanks to a great member of the RB community I got these, they really are mint, still running original MCU internals that actually work!...

These beautiful forks received some fresh NOS decals and a good coast of wax to help keep them mint.

I started mocking up the build by fitting a new FSA headset, it's modern but quite retro looking in my opinion, a little CK'esque??
Also fitted a set of NOS ONZA ho's
The stem is just for mock up...

That's it for now.
More to come.

Re: 199Something Ritchey Soft Tail

Nice score. What size is it?

raidan73":2q3tzx3x said:
Nice score. What size is it?

Thank you, I'm excited to ride it.
It's around a 17.5inch I guess?

Will try and make bigger pictures.

Re:

I did some playing around over the last few days, tried some different tyres, I was thinking of running a pair of umma gumma's, but I'm not sure if they work...

Re:

That looks great!

I love the yellow forks against the frame. Very cool.

However I couldn’t look too long as the contrasting background knocked me I’ll with those bright doors!

Please can we have some outdoor shots of the bike as the poor thing looks like it’s being held in a futuristic prison!

:D

Re: Re:

prezza":8428vhwz said:
That looks great!

I love the yellow forks against the frame. Very cool.

However I couldn’t look too long as the contrasting background knocked me I’ll with those bright doors!

Please can we have some outdoor shots of the bike as the poor thing looks like it’s being held in a futuristic prison!

:D

Thanks mate
Yes the background is a bit of a headache, I'm planning on a maiden voyage today with some pictures.

:cool: lovely frame, looking forward to more pics, maybe some bigger ones too :)

Mark

mkone":3o64e1td said:
:cool: lovely frame, looking forward to more pics, maybe some bigger ones too :)

Mark

I'm trying to work out how to get bigger pictures, using a hosting site but it's a bit hit and miss.
Really wish you could direct load onto this site!

Re:

Use a free app called ‘image size’.

Reduce your pics to 1000x1000 pixels and bobs your aunties husband!

Prezza

Back