nah nothing

Nice bike you got there fella. :D

Yep those dropouts are a little different to the Wicked I had - mine was a 90 or 91. I wouldn't worry about 'em they certainly don't detract from the beauty of it at all.

You can work out the year from the serial number. I can't remember how, it may be obvious when you see it. It's explained over on FatCogs somewhere if you want to pay a visit.

stevek":mqw1b8u4 said:
Nice bike you got there fella. :D

Yep those dropouts are a little different to the Wicked I had - mine was a 90 or 91. I wouldn't worry about 'em they certainly don't detract from the beauty of it at all.

You can work out the year from the serial number. I can't remember how, it may be obvious when you see it. It's explained over on FatCogs somewhere if you want to pay a visit.

I actually like the way the dropouts look more than the regular dropouts that I'm use to seeing. They have a web-like look, but I wonder about their strength.

I have to make some time for Fatcogs; have not been there in a long while.

orange71":1kj7903g said:
and if you ever want to sell that frame remember me :D I love the chameleon paint job.

yeh the paint. looks like a later (again FAT) respray. i dont believe they were doing that paint scheme on that early a frame?

orange71":16msswfj said:
and if you ever want to sell that frame remember me :D I love the chameleon paint job.

Thanks; i was looking for this paint scheme for a while within my price range...don't think I'll be getting rid of i anytime soon...that said...it's not untouchable ;)

scant":16msswfj said:
orange71":16msswfj said:

yeh the paint. looks like a later (again FAT) respray. i dont believe they were doing that paint scheme on that early a frame?

I didn't think so, but wasn't sure....the parts, make it seem around that year, but the paint doesn't...this is one reason why I have so many questions on this bike.

ameybrook":16msswfj said:
What is the serial?

Wicket Lite wasn't offered till 92 IIRC.

The serial number: 10C910

True, but the G.P. Wilson dropouts were on the team bike around 1989/1990...I didn't think they made use of the G.P. dropouts in 92/93...but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the comments; I would love to figure this out with some of assurance.

So far, we are all fairly sure this isn't a 1990 or 1991? Is it possible it has the wrong labels? Not a wicked lite perhaps?

So many questions....

one thing for sure: It rides great; is relatively light, and has great paint :D

compare and contrast??

xlyoeddychameleonvu4.jpg

xlyoeddychameleon2ui1.jpg

GoldenEraMTB":34agp82h said:
So far, we are all fairly sure this isn't a 1990 or 1991? Is it possible it has the wrong labels? Not a wicked lite perhaps?

Strange one. A 90 Wicked would likely have a W in the serial (both my 89 and 91 did).

Maybe a Fat Chance model sent back for repaint? Strange they would ad the Wicked Lite decals. Head angle would tell whether it was a FC or WL.

Back