Retro mod... Offroad Master

Scvintage

Retro Guru
Hello,

If anyone is interested or wants to criticize a retro mod build of 12” Offroad Master... not 100% sure on year of bike.

We’re starting with frame & rear brakes (that’s all we got). For starters the frame was $20 and $100 to ship, ouch.

The basic plan is to first repair the millions of paint dings. The bike is very bright yellow fluorescent. Testors model paint is a very close match. I’ll post updates as parts arrive from Asia slow boat shipping. The basic plan is blue anodized as much as possible.

Attachments

• FF9B2534-436A-4B44-B28D-0746BB997DEB.jpeg
    FF9B2534-436A-4B44-B28D-0746BB997DEB.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,781
I like the colour, blue will look good with it as would all black.

Not sure how these are measured but a lot of frames are from the centre of the bb shell.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Mark

Re:

I read somewhere there was a 12” & 13” version of this frame. So I’m flexible on possibilities

We’re using a blue rigid fork, so that opens it up to all blue up front and maybe yellow/gold in back or all blue. Blue seems to be the easiest part color to find.

Re:

One more question... I’ve seen many posts here of printed stickers. Are these just drawn than printed on your home printer? Or are there drawing files that you guys email each other than forward to a “professional” printer. Professional meaning quality base and inks.

Re:

1st. Weird problem... 142mm rear axle. None of my existing wheels fit.

Mystery solved... I’ve lost my mind in the excitement, it’s a 135mm.

Re:

Anyone know what 142mm rear hub was around in late 80’s early 90’s that might of been used on a mtb?

Ignore this post, it was a 135mm

Re:

One more hub question... I do have a 135mm bullseye rear hub. Is there any axle options to make it a 142mm? It’s a freewheel style, not Shimano

Ignore this post also, the 135mm fits fine.

Re:

Bump... still waiting on bike shop to break loose the frozen bottom bracket driver’s side. I talked to them last week, they mentioned it possibly having to make a visit to machine shop to be removed...

Re:

Also a slight change in build idea.... I’m going “rusty modern retro rat rod”... period correct “cool” stickers from bike, surf, skate, and other late 80’s early 90’s stuff. The stickers will cover paint dings. Preserved survivor

Re:

Tiny update... waiting on blue headset spacers

It’ll probably end up a Frankenstein rainbow

Attachments

• DE707CD8-1C4E-47B1-91CE-E9C3CD53BB26.jpeg
    DE707CD8-1C4E-47B1-91CE-E9C3CD53BB26.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,256
Back