Mint ‘92 Marin Eldridge Grade

Just picked up an absolutely mint and original spec 1992 Marin Eldridge Grade. The paintwork is in great condition. A little fading to the decals, and the Shimano bits and bobs could do with a polish. Even has the original Marin tyres and reflectors!

Very pleased with it, even with the saddle angled up a bit in ‘just collected’ condition.

ohAk5z0.jpg

Bought from John (on here as j.c the reproman), who is a top bloke (and has a lovely Palisades Trail on for sale that’s in even better nick). He also had an old and very special Raleigh Chopper in the boot, and was in the process of picking up a stunning Klein Adroit. I got to see some nice old bikes today...

Looking forward to fettling this one and spanking some trails with it. More photos to come!

Edit: sorted the Imgur link so the image is actually viewable without a microscope.

Frame now stripped ready for a proper clean up. Here are some arty close ups of the various bits'n'bobs!
lUHJXyb.jpg

xUjaNfu.jpg

uKfrVEX.jpg

Jup5L2l.jpg

XRtwpbA.jpg

JvFky5f.jpg

The seat post is a bit scratched, which is a pity. Might look for a new one of these.
IVSuK1d.jpg

And I think these tyres are from a lessor Marin. Not the Rock Stars I remember from BITD!
i0I3YA0.jpg

Really the only bad bit of 'paint' is the chain stay protector. A Sharkfin wouldn't look out of place here.
Um8h8un.jpg

WandsworthRouleur":3cha2vrc said:
Update. Yup, the Pro Combo is from the Palisades Trail. Need to get some decent skin wall rubber...

I think the seat is from the Palisades too bud or maybe a Muurwoods.

Still nice though... certainly more vivid neon than mine.

PopsTrippin":2yzwxs6s said:
WandsworthRouleur":2yzwxs6s said:
Update. Yup, the Pro Combo is from the Palisades Trail. Need to get some decent skin wall rubber...

I think the seat is from the Palisades too bud or maybe a Muurwoods.

Still nice though... certainly more vivid neon than mine.
I think you could be right. It certainly looks a little bigger and more plush than the Eldridge I remember (briefly) having BITD.

The grips are as terrible as I remember though. Swapped those out for some Ritchey foam grips as soon as. I remember I replaced the saddle too, but can't remember what for. I know I wanted a Flite, but was just a poor school kid so couldn't afford one. Time to start browsing the 92/93 MBUKs to see what rings a bell...

Back