British Eagle Pro-Carbon project

pazaudi

Retro Guru
Well I managed to get hold of the frame that I wanted, a very nice chap was willing to part with it and it's one that I've wanted for a long time so it's now time to start another project alongside the Voodoo cleanup that I've got going on. I'm not 100% sure what road I'm going to take with this, I know the originally came with full Shimano XT from 1991 but I have a mish mash of parts to start off with for the time being including some XT and XTR.

Frame (Aluminium/carbon): 1780g
Fork (Aluminium): 883g

ISdEVt3.jpg

8juNBr1.jpg

G9bVlqf.jpg

Re:

That's a really nice looking frame, any idea of the weight?
Is the fork aluminium/steel? Looks interesting :)

Re: Re:

jimo746":2xstk87m said:
That's a really nice looking frame, any idea of the weight?
Is the fork aluminium/steel? Looks interesting :)

According to my trusty kitchen scales, the frame/fork weighs in at a hefty 2663g. Actually I'm not sure what the forks are made of but it feels very well balanced.

First problem encountered, 27.2mm seat post is too small and a 31mm post is too big. I don't know specifically which I need so a set of callipers are arriving tomorrow to measure the inside of the seat tube.

edit: turns out it's a 29.8mm internal diameter of the seat tube.

zetecmk2":3u0scmww said:
i love those forks.....waiting to see more!

Thanks, forks are quite heavy though...880g. But this isn't about the weight to be honest.

Updates coming soon.

Still busy collecting up parts, managed to find a full XT groups in near mint condition. Unfortunately it's not period correct as the frame is from 1991 and should have cantilevers but it was too good an opportunity to pass up as it's complete.

The remainder of the parts will be Ritchey. I have a Ritchey stem, seat post and rims on their way all in silver and will fit Panaracer dart/smokes to the rims. I just need to find the time to start putting it all together.

Z41Og7x.jpg

Back