1995 Diamondback Ascent EX

antiseptic

Dirt Disciple
I picked this up at my local scrap metal processing establishment a couple of weeks ago.
One look was all it took, asked how much, I'm a regular 'browser' in there so I know the guys quite well.
£10 came the reply, sold says I.
I got it home, first step (obviously) date it, second step find spec sheet/catalogue.

All components present and correct.
I replaced all the rusty bolts, nuts and chain while tearing it down for a clean, regrease/oil and minor adjustments to make it run perfect, to be fair it didn't need much adjustment.
The tyre walls have dried up but I left them on anyway to keep the authenticity.
When I come to sell it I can change them at the buyers request or leave them to it.

I'm still astounded at how it has lived that long and still looks new, I think whoever bought it rode it for a week, then it rained and a bit of road spray got their shoes wet and they never rode it again, I reckon the chipped paint happened as they moved it from one corner of the garage to another many times over the years.

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• Ascent EX 01.jpg
    Ascent EX 01.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Ascent EX 07.jpg
    Ascent EX 07.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 1,063
  • Ascent EX 05.jpg
    Ascent EX 05.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,054
  • Ascent EX 08.jpg
    Ascent EX 08.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Ascent EX 12.jpg
    Ascent EX 12.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 1,055
  • Ascent EX 13.jpg
    Ascent EX 13.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Ascent EX 15.jpg
    Ascent EX 15.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 1,055
  • Ascent EX 16.jpg
    Ascent EX 16.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 1,067
Re:

Blimey, a tenner!

Would have been absolutely criminal to scrap that :shock:

Great score and indeed a good save...

Good find and a great price.

Hope you get out and ride it before selling it, you never know, you might like it and decide to keep it.

....can never have too many bikes :)

Re:

Too many bikes?
I don't understand that phrase, I've got 5 bikes that I personally own, bought/built/modified by me for me.
Please define this 'too many' of which you speak ha ha ha.

I have more that I intend to sell, some complete, a few mid completion and a couple I haven't even thought about starting yet. At a guess I have more than 10, less than 15, probably :?

Back