dave yates diabolo.....done for now

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
more of a refirb than restoration. this is one of three bikes (for myself) i am going to try and limit myself to build this year. i have recently looked at my spending over a couple of years and its bloody scary....... :facepalm:

soooooo

here it is, an early 91/92 dave yates diabolo with some nice patina and lovely paint effect. plan is to strip it and sort though the parts boxes to build a nice simple clutterless bike myself and my peers like. it may even replace the orange c16r in terms of general riding duties :| we shall see. always liked these bitd and an honest british built frame is always a winner in my eyes.

the frames been cleaned and re clear coated to protect and preserve the finish but havent had time to take a pic or 2

forks will be swapped to pace, dx/xt groupset, mavic rims, smoke and dart tyres and zoom finishing kit and the turbo saddle.

Re:

Good score that dude, wouldn't have minded that myself if it had been smaller..but one Diabolo is enough for me ATM.

The blowjob paint is particularly cool on this one though, I've never seen it done in white on a darker colour before, only black on red or yellow. They look well with DX and XT too. Have fun with it :D

Re:

Nice frames to build up these and it'll go well in your stable fella, I know you'll put your 'this'll get used stamp' on it ;)

Good size too, kinda wish mine was bigger.

RBG

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":1k1794xz said:
Nice frames to build up these and I kow it'll go well in your stable fella, I know you'll put your 'this'll get used stamp' on it ;)

Good size too, kinda wish mine was bigger.

RBG

Cheers buddy, gonna try and get that wheel back to you really soon, don’t suppose you’ve still the pace hub’d one buddy ?

Re: dave yates diabolo

Cool, I may be able to pop Saturday evening if that’s okay with you

Re:

Nice... was very tempted by this but decided I have enough bikes.

Be interested to see how you get on with it and especially how it compares with your C16R as that's my main ride too...

Latest posts

Back