Team Marin 92

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
Not sure what to do with this. On the one hand I want it. My intro to retro biking was a mint 92 Pine Mountain that was slightly too small. This is one size up. I sold it but it still holds a special place.

But I've pretty much stopped adding to the collection. This is making me seriously reconsider that. Would defintely have to sell something.

The flash catches the blue, amazing the difference without.

Re:

Yeah I'm hoping everything is intact...

Though I gotta say it's sure comfortable to ride (round a small parking lot) like that :facepalm:

Sadly the gel cover isn't hiding a gem.

Excellent, I am glad you got it and pleased to see it still has the titanium bars, which you couldn't tell in the advert.

Re:

Thanks mate. Yes would have been a shame to lose it into the cheapo student market to rust away in a back yard.

Stem looks fine and there appears to be an allen bolt at the bottom of that extender (all a bit of a rusty mess down there but the stem was no match for plus gas which has now all dropped into the extender. God that stuff stinks. I've washed my hands about 5 times and can still smell it).

I have some long allen keys somewhere but I'm not sure they're that long! Fingers crossed.

That marin looks like mine when I bought it. I save from the hands of some student or city biker. Mine was in good condition but has the awfull seat and a weird stem ...

Save a Marin :LOL: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=394764

Great project! These are the best types of project.....taking a b'stardised abused commuter, stripping off all the heavy tat and returning to former glory. I rescued a Kona Lava Dome in a similar state a few years ago......

Good luck with it! Watching with interest.

madjh":3u425iij said:
That marin looks like mine when I bought it. I save from the hands of some student or city biker. Mine was in good condition but has the awfull seat and a weird stem ...

Save a Marin :LOL: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=394764

Ha yes I'm not sure which stem was worse!

Mine's coming along. I've just made it rideable and will consider what to do after that. None of the moving parts are original so no problem riding as is for a bit.

I had a Turbo saddle that was waiting for the right bike. Wax gonna swap just the saddle but by happy coincidence the post it was already on was a 27.2. The scratched up one in there was kalloy so not original.

I noticed the dodgy saddle position when i took the photos and then forgot to take another one once I'd fixed it.

Someone's clearly loved it at some point. Mint sauce stickers and mud in all the right places (eg up the steerer tube - loads of it).

Re:

Did you get this from the chap who does loads of bikes in Brighton? I picked up a tatty Explosive from him last year & knew I was in the right road as there are literally bikes locked up all down the road!

Re:

On lamp posts and so on? Yeah spotted a few!

I think there's a few guys round here like that round here. This one was near cardinal newman school...?

Back