Orange Clockwork - 1992 - build thread

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Finished build pics on p4 here

Christmas present from the Mrs. It's a bit rough & had a short Raleigh stem fitted but frame is sound. As this is very likley to be my only Clockwork I am going to tget it done in the iconic orange/white fade & rebuild it with a DX groupset

001.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1992 Orange Clockwork

Checking in

Re:

Nice project. If you are re-spraying make sure you carefully remove the Tange Infinity decal and then put it on some double sided tape as they can be hard to come by. ;)

Any tips to get it off intact? It's a little rough but it would be good to preserve it. I've actually got a close match repro to put on the frame when it's repainted. There's a possibility Gill will have one by then too & I'd get his if it's a closer match. I'll be getting the main decals from him of course!

looking forward to updates on this one. Rescued an old friends one myself, fantastic bike :)

rwm1962":h3rmqkfd said:
Any tips to get it off intact? It's a little rough but it would be good to preserve it. I've actually got a close match repro to put on the frame when it's repainted. There's a possibility Gill will have one by then too & I'd get his if it's a closer match. I'll be getting the main decals from him of course!

1. Make sure it’s warm, hairdryer should do it.
2. As you ease back a corner with a sharp blade, you could try squirting either lighter fluid or white spirit to help soften the old adhesive. When you’ve got it off (lots of patience needed) stick it down flat on some white paper and post it to Gil so he can scan it.

Re:

On the one I got repainted I just lifted a corner of the decal the peeled it off. If you need a copy I have a nos one I could scan for you?

Thanks. I've got one on the way but Gil may appreciate a scan so he can add them to his range.

Attachments

• 06a.jpg
    06a.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,530
Back