Marin bear Valley 1992

Afnug

Retro Newbie
I bought this Marin Bear valley as a bit of a winter project, it was all there but needed a bit of work it had the Zolatone paint but the gloss on the forks and rear was shabby, I wasn't set o keeping it original and I wanted to know if the frame was sound under the paint especially on the rear stays, a bit of of a clean of the stays with emery confirmed all was good, so I had the frame and forks powder coated Satin Black, together with the stem. I kept the bars original as they were not too bad.
It came with the original Marin Rockstar tyres but the side walls had seen better days, so I replaced these with some Michelin Country Rocks, the rear Cantis were the the plastic covered ones the front ones ally, I picked up a set of 4 CX400 ones from ebay for the rebuild, it cme with a Scott saddle I wasn't keen on so replaced this with a Fabric one from my Turbo bike, the grips were replaced with some Cannondale ones I had. I got some new stickers from dnfive Graphics, not totally to original spec but I like them. all the rest is original except I have replaced the pedals with some Shimano SPD 520's

As bought pics.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48988442@ ... 3066618331

After Refurb in road trim

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48988442@ ... 4542360855

Frame: Marin Bear Valley CroMo 19"

Fork: Rockstar lite 750g

Headset: Richey
Stem: Marin
Handlebar: Marin
Grips: Cannondale
Barends:
Brakes: Shimano CX400
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: rear built in frame, front Marin wheel under stem.
Brake Levers:

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: Exage 400
Rear Derailleur: Exage 400
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano & speed 12-28
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Shimano Exage 400 iopace
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Shimano Biopace 48, 38, 28
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Shimano SPD 520

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: Araya VP20
Hubs: Shimano Exage
Nipples: Brass
Spokes: Chrome
Tyres: Michelin Country Rock
Tubes: Rubber

Saddle: Fabric
Seatpost: Marin Lite
Seatpost Binder: Marin Lite

Weight: I won't be riding it up Holme Moss.

Back