Marin Shoreline Trail Resurrection

fotorat1

Retro Guru
Expecting this frame to arrive this week.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223207328759 ... 3207328759

Does anyone have the details/photos of what it looked like originally to help me make a decision

Also any idea what year it is from

Also any idea what the shock size is - would it be 165X38? and have 100mm travel?

thanks

As it stands I am hoping the front triangle will clean up ok with the stickers removed and I am planning on doing the swing arm in Ano Black.,which will match my Fulcrum red metal wheels nicely. and I have a black RS dart fork (as a stop gap) as I am toying with either a coil pike or a period Pace fork.

and feel free the move this if I am in the wrong year forum!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Arrived today - very dirty and covered in old stickers including Mint Sauce!

Popped a fork and wheels in - just to do a quick test on the shock/Bushing and Main Pivot. Despite its condition - it was nice and tight!

The rear shock is 190mm eye to eye- any thoughts on the stoke yet as I will put a RP23 on it eventually

Bottom looks nice and high - inline with the hubs!

Seat post is 30mm luckily I have a tommy Elite in the that size.

p4pb16575058.jpg

Re:

Is the swingarm touching the seat tube?
I've had a couple of these frames and they both used 165 eye to eye shocks.

Nope its just missing it (2 mm at the most) but the bushes are not worn out so when the bushings wear that might cause it.

Mine is 190 Eye to Eye so I will measure the rear wheel travel soon I might take a punt on a 190/50 RP23.

I have been tinkering with again as I want to ride it to test it out before I invest in the air shock and the rear swing arm in Ano Black

The front is cleaning up nice but needs a few stone chips touching up

the FSA orbit lower went in (good enough for me).

p4pb16578636.jpg

And I need to take a few links out of this new chain:

p4pb16578630.jpg

I really like how slack the front end is looking - I would guess 69deg at the most? Also the top eyelet frame bracket has 2 sets of holes and at the moment it is set up on the rear most hole so presumabley the front most hole is for a slacker set up with lower BB?

Kit wise I am missing a brake lever and 2 calipers M775 and Fizik Nisene Saddle.
p4pb16578631.jpg

I was going to use my Magura Louise/Clara and Ergon saddle but I have decided to sell these to the fund the M775 and Nisene.

Kit list is currently:
Talas 90-130 RL forks
Fulcrum RM3 wheels
Bonty Tires
FSA crank
Thomson Elite post
Deore FM
XT RM
KMC chain
Time ATAC pedals
FSA orbit headset
Cannondale C4 Risers
Bonty Race stem
Brakes +Pods XT M775
11-32 Sram PG990
Salsa Seat post QR

You could be right - I cant even find any images or info in this colour combination so I am not even sure if it is the right rear swing arm - but I did find out that the 1999 version was a 5" travel frame.

probably not much help but I think the shock on my B17 is 200 eye-eye and 57 stroke.

there are a few design of swingarm and I gather that warranty repairs just went with whatever was current, although you would hope that they would supply the correct geometry

Back