Dave Hinde build - - - British Steel

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I have had this a while, its an unusual one.

As you can see its steel, columbus Cyber to be exact and its quite a light frameset, its a bit modern than I usually like, I'm guessing at 95 but could be wrong as I can find no frame number - if anyone can shed some light on this let me know, the disc tabs look to be added at a later date as if you get closer up you can make out where the canti mounts were, the tab welds are actually quite crude and not really up to the same standard as the frame but theyll do the job. disc brakes are not my thing really and found this frame uses a specific hope caliper :facepalm: took a while to find these but a local firm had some they used on some old delivery trikes and rebuilt some for me out of their spares.
So I threw a few other Deore XT spares on it and thought I'd show y'all one of my slow builds of a few years now.

Question is ....... will it get finished :?:

IMG-20181110-144137.jpg

IMG-20181110-144153.jpg

IMG-20161007-101530-zpsrrwdrbzs-jpg-original.jpg

IMG-20181110-144143.jpg

tintin40":2rb6zxph said:
never seen a disc on the right side before

My cannondale Moto 120 forks have the disc and caliper on the right. It's causing a bit of a problem getting the cable routed nicely.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":3fn8mpsr said:
Like I said ............... unusual

Definately , from Cannondale you expect quirkiness but you expect us Brits to have more sense :shock:

Will certainly look interesting when the wheels go on, what are you intending to use?

:cool: not tempted to put canti studs back on it then?

and maybe the welder welded the tab with the forks the wrong way round, either in the frame or on the table :) would explain it being on the right and front.

mark

mkone":bnmsh6ql said:
maybe the welder welded the tab with the forks the wrong way round, either in the frame or on the table :) would explain it being on the right and front.

mark

That was my first thought as well. First time I’ve seen one of those dinky little hope c2 #1’s on the front too. If it was me I’d be looking to get the front mount moved to where it should be ( back of left leg) and change it to standard IS mount.

I like that, your collection sees to be getting more and more eclectic!

not sure if it was this one or not but I remember a Dave Hinde disk frame on the bay ages ago and was tempted.

Having it on the right is better for us Brits as the front brake lever is on the right. Surprised their aren't more.

Back