Klein Attitude 1996 project

DaveS2000

Retro Newbie
The retro bike bug bit me......
..... And after 5 years I still have a love-hate relationship with my plastic Cannondale.

Time to get the old bike out.

In the 90's, after some Stumpjumpers, I got my first Klein Attitude: pink, white, green.
What a bike that was. Being fully ridged though had a big impact on my wrists during the races.

When the frame had the standard seatpost-crack Klein traded it for a 1996 team edition with I believe a grey Judy fork.

I had my bikes tricked out to around the 7,5kg I believe, though driveability suffered because of the lightweight components.

So later it acquired some Magura brakes and Sram parts since I really liked Gripshift.
Out were all the Paul Components.

IMG-0669.jpg

Next weekend I'll get a full M900 XTR set to bring it close to '96-folder-spec. Not sure yet what to do with the SID fork and the Hugi hubs....

Any ideas are welcomed, I'll keep you posted on the progress the coming months.

8DTxe3a.jpg

Next up:

- Black flite saddle (just mist out on one on the 'Dutch bay'
- Judy Sl
- Wider MC2

Drove it a couple of blocks.... What a blast!

Hi,

I believe so, since the bike came with a Judy XC as standard (some came with an Judy SL).
SID's had pressed on crowns, but that doesn't fit the Klein steerer tube.

But since the SID is from 1997, and the bike is from 1996 I have an issue, and thus want that Judy :-D

My Attitude 96 came like yours, with a SID Hydra, but with the crown adapted from a Judy (it had to be common at that time, to adapt forks for these frames with "special" steering.

BTW, what I'm going to do is get a JUDY from those years, and add the crown that my SID had, I mean, reverse the process ..

Re:

Here you have pics of my fork

Attachments

• IMG_5188.jpeg
    IMG_5188.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_5189.jpeg
    IMG_5189.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 205
The SID Hydra, not period-corrrect but a great color-match I guess.
How did you work out the cable-hanger, since SID's came without?

I Sourced some cheap blue eBay-thingy to match the fork somewhat.

Back