1993 Teesdale Kona Hot

mesoknotty

Dirt Disciple
First time poster. Just finished this up
20181008_124801 by mesoknotty, on Flickr

Frame: 19" 1993 Kona Hot Teesdale built Tange Ultimate Ultra light with Ultrastrong downtube

Fork: Project 2 Triple Butted Cr-Mo

Headset: Control Center
Stem: Velocity
Handlebar: Race Lite
Grips: Lizard Skins grey
Barends: None

Brakes: Dia-Compe 987 Ti finish
Brake Pads: Kool Stop grey
Brake Cables: MEC
Cantilever cable hangers: Dia-Compe
Brake Levers: Dia-Compe SS-7

Shifters: XT 7 speed Thumbshifters
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Derailleur Cables: Grey SIS
Cassette: XTR 11-32
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Sugino XP Mighty 24/34/46
Crank Bolts: OEM
Chainrings: Sugino Team Pro
Chainring bolts: OEM
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN90
Pedals: Shimano 737 SPD

Hub Skewers: XTR Rear/XT Front
Rims: Mavic 231 32h
Hubs: XTR m900 rear/ XT M732
Nipples: alloy
Spokes: Wheelsmith double butted
Tyres: Kenda Nevegal
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seatpost: Ritchey
Seatpost Binder: Kona

Weight: TBD

That's a beauty Rick! This looks to be a catalog correct build, no? Love the eclectic mix of components they specc'ed...

Pretty close Shamus. They spec'd XTR in the rear for 8 speed and XT in the front to save money and weight. Kona resisted Rapidfire for years, but the 7 speed thumbies work fantastic with the 8 speed drivetrain

Re:

Was going to say, it´s specced just like my ´93 Explosif. It´s a custom build straight from the factory. I was really impressed by the quality of the shifting. Before I just knew the XT 732/5 combo and loved it, but the XTR RD/ cassette is so smooth. And the Sugino Supershifter chainrings in the front are excellent. It´s definitely the best shifting bike I have, including the modern stuff. And one of the lightest too, a hair over 10kg.

So the only difference between a Teasdale Hot and an Explosif would be the frame made in the US?

Re:

That looks great! Always good to see another Hot on here :cool:

As mrkawasaki says, what is the TET frame number on this one? Mine is similar tubing but officially a '95 bike, would like to know how this compares.

I really like the way that you managed to refinish the paint as well. Please tell me that there isn't a crack in the down tube/bottom bracket weld though on the drive side (and I really hate to say this!). The closeup image looks worrying...

Back