Awesome Foursome Pt4 Fe: Bonty DeKerf Fuquay Yo Eddy DOGS

mheywoo1

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I collected this beauty from Minifreak on Tuesday. It really is in excellent order and fastidiously clean. I don’t normally buy fully built bikes but this was so close to my ideal spec I couldn’t really refuse. It is the final part of my “favourite of each frame material” collection comprising a Formula One Carbon (not yet posted on this, but it was the first one bought in this theme), Bontrager Ti-Lite and Pace RC200 F1 (which I have started a build thread for).

I’m not planning to change that much as Tim did such a good job. Plans so far are to replace some of the black with silver. Notably bars, seatpost and wheel rims. The wheels fitted are some Hope Ti_Glides on Black Mavics but these are just placeholders. Rims will almost definitely be Bonty BCX with black Porks. Undecided yet whether to do it as a full M900 build as I have the headset, hubs and STI is woukd just need good cranks. First thing I’ve done is change the black Syncros post and a Turbo saddle for a Grey Ringle and Flite. I like this look so next thing is to polish off the grey anodising. The post is in great condition but the anodising has faded to swirls which is a bit weird.

So, I’m looking for either some TNT hubs or an M900 Chainset both in excellent order and some nice silver bars, ideally either Titanium or Ringle to match the post. WHY?

Welcome your suggestions on alternative build ideas.....

Matt

Attachments

• 06331B93-EAB0-4C9B-BB2F-B3D77444463F.jpeg
    06331B93-EAB0-4C9B-BB2F-B3D77444463F.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,767
Re:

Not much (OK, read zero) interest in this thread.

Maybe this will wet your appetites that some things on it will change....

The postie just bought some goodies for this from some awesome fellow RBers, and eBayers

- NOS Onza Porcs II and Mathauser brake pads - minifreak
- top line cranks - eBay

Not sure if the toplines will be the final crank choice as their aesthetic may be a bit delicate but I’ve always liked the Topline/Cooks look so thought I’d try them out. Nice colour too.

Cheers, Matt

Re: Awesome Foursome Part 4 - Yo Eddy

Reckon it looked bang on before but then I am biased ;)
Seriously though it’s import to put your own stamp on it and it’s looking great.

Get some nice outside pics to really show it off, it’s a beautiful bike and looks even better splattered with mud.

Re:

Hooray, first response!

I do need some outside photos you are right. It was raining or dark or both when I took this one

I’ll try and get some done with silver rims and Porcs over the weekend

And you are right, I was inspired with your “splattered in mud” photos and I will be looking to emulate.... once I’m over this chest infection....

Im interested to see what the end result looks like with the silver parts. Personally i would spec black to show off the frame more.

Agree with mkone, excellent bike , but keep the black components as it emphasises frames color .

SpecializedSworks15":11813yjw said:
Agree with mkone, excellent bike , but keep the black components as it emphasises frames color .

100%... some black Cook Bros RSRs or Syncros Rev cranks and post :cool:

Back