Awesome Foursome Part 3 - Pace RC200 F1

mheywoo1

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This frame arrived earlier in the week and could not resist a quick mock build. Think the stance is perfect with the RC30’s and 120mm Stem. At 16.5” frame size I need quite a lot of exposed seatpost. Not sure the 350mm USE titanium is going to make it to the final build. Was going to go with some more gold on the build (inc gold Goldtec hubs) but think the black and silver looks so ace I may just keep to that

Attachments

• A165009A-CB49-4761-BB91-59CDBC731F83.jpeg
    A165009A-CB49-4761-BB91-59CDBC731F83.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,411
  • 1C22EF1F-98BD-4EB2-AA69-AC611BA6AC11.jpeg
    1C22EF1F-98BD-4EB2-AA69-AC611BA6AC11.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,411
Re: Pace RC200 F1

Some nice tanwalls on that, yellow Maguras and an XT build and to me she’d be perfect :)

You are going to have a fantastic collection Matt :)

Re:

Black + silver = classy.
Black + gold = bling. Imo.

Looking forward to seeing this build :)
Agree the seatpost may not be ideal for a Pace (being shimmed?).

Re:

THanks guys. Not gonna go down the yellow Magura route as 1) that’s a bit RC100-wannabe and 2) I think the hoses are ugly.

But I am going to go down the XT M730 route hence the rear mech on it. I’ve also got thumbies and what I though was the correct type of bolt on front mech. But it isn’t!

Then I’m planning to go for silver Middleburn RS2 cranks with gold rings, the aforementioned gold hubs, silver polished Campy Stheno rims. I was going to investigsye getting the aluminium dropouts on the RC30’s gold anodised and the legs painted black. Then I was going to ask my local framebuilder to create a 1-piece Stem/steerer assembly.

Now, however I may not go the golf route, build the campy rims on to the Hopes in the picture and then Blackwall Dart / Smoke combo. I’m going to buy a new issue set of Black and Tans and see which look best.

Tim, looking forward to the Yo joining my fleet. I think it’s going to donate it’s saddle and brake levers to this bike. I’ve got some black NOS Dian Comp 987’s to go with them.

Re: Re:

jimo746":30s4zvv9 said:
Black + silver = classy.
Black + gold = bling. Imo.

Looking forward to seeing this build :)
Agree the seatpost may not be ideal for a Pace (being shimmed?).

Yes, agree with your black/silver/gold assessment

The seatpost is shimmed and the post is only just long enough so I need to find something suitable. The post it came with is 26.8 so I just need to double check that is correct then find something. X-Lite is the obvious British choice. I’ve popped a black and Silver ControlTech in. The black looks aweful so silver it is. I prefer inline posts and I also like to match brands but as I have Pace stem and bars and Pace didn’t make a seatpost, I guess I’m goong to have to compromise. Any thoughts?

Re:

Deffo 27.0 post on an F1, I too had an X lite post which was shimmed, big mistake as the frame cracked unfortunately, but lucky for me was able to be repaired.

I personally love the original paint scheme and the black and silver sounds great as does the XT kit

Looking forward to seeing her built up ☺️

Re:

Some awesome gen 1 RC30’s in matching matte black with matching decal and black crown arrived today courtesy if Dnbmatt28 who kindly offered them to me after reading this post. Not had time to photo yet but a quick mock-build shows them to be perfect.

Next think to arrive is some Nuke Proof hubs on Black Campy Stheno rims. May try an all black build

Anyone got a suitable XT or Suntour XC pro bolt on front mech for sale?

And, very long shot, a 1-piece Pace Stem-steerer. Even if not for sale, I’d love to borrow it to see what it looks like and get a replica made - a suitable deposit would be supplied!

Cheers, Matt

Back