Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
So this fallen lady was first saved by Legrandfromage, then she had a brief Summer time affair with Longun. But ....,You’re my wife now Dave! :LOL: 71F86664-A7C6-4AC7-89D3-DA13BA74599A.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Re:

longun":ecyjpocg said:
crikey you be not even left my village yet haha
:LOL: posted this just off your drive! :LOL:

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

So now she’s home with all her extended Claud Butler family, I couldn’t resist having a mess about with some fluorescent paint I have.
It’s proper faded as you all know from the many times this frame has appeared on the forum, so my best chance is to attempt a match with the darkest patch, one of these was from under the front derailleur strap. A quick wipe (too quick as it happens... note the grease spots)
And a blast with orange and a blast with red fluorescent. What do you think?
Difficult with screens etc to see the best match, but red is nearest although a tiny bit darker, orange I think looks the most vibrant but more than one notch lighter I think. 8F43DE5D-71AB-4623-8E9B-225DD7556291.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

I'd say the red, what paint is it your using as I did the forks on my Orange orange & it was to light so the red might be just right for mine looking at your results

Very nice indeed!
653 should ride really nice on an atb. Are you going to completely respray or just touch it up?

Jamie

Re: Re:

MR OX":2ocash7s said:
I'd say the red, what paint is it your using as I did the forks on my Orange orange & it was to light so the red might be just right for mine looking at your results

Tamiya TS-36 Fluorescent red, (for general plastics) they come in tiny 100ml cans so quite expensive but easy to spray (although for best results you must have a good white base)
They also do the same colour as PS-20 Fluorescent red for Polycarb. but I'm pretty sure the polycarb paint isnt as UV stable (loads of RC boys moaning about it)

I'm going to run some tests to get the best clear coat for it, whilst the frame goes up to Gil for the decals to get coppied.

Jamiedyer":6tcwb2sf said:
Very nice indeed!
653 should ride really nice on an atb. Are you going to completely respray or just touch it up?

Jamie

As my wife often say's; Do you not know me? :roll:
as it happens I did first of all try a few tricks I learnt in the Sudan….. but cutting, polishing and last of all heating it had no effect (this sometimes works with faded metallic powdercoat)

So it’s gonna be a PeachyPM full monty stem to Bottom Bracket restoration (although if Legrandfromage and Longun couldnt shift the BB I'm not holding up much hope, so she’s probably going to receive a cold spray job by yours truly... rather than a baked enamel job.

I thought I would have a crack at the bottom bracket last night.....

Well that didn’t work 😢 all I have now is a B.B. without any teeth!

Any suggestions? C565DE27-F5F5-430B-A6CA-C1923E1466BA.jpeg A206D6D1-6378-470C-89DE-14508FB13063.jpeg CF06AA21-3B19-449F-A0D5-37A41F0C20F9.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back