Help identifying canadian (?) Ritchey mtb

Lefty le gaucher...

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I just got this bike and would like to restore it. The initial owner had removed all the decals to prevent stealing. It looks like a canadian Ritchey made by Toyo in Japan and imported to Canada through Rocky Mountain Cycles.

The serial underneath the bottom bracket reads "3033".

I couldn't find anything about it so I try Retrobike forum (I did an extensive search prior to writing this post... with no result at all).

Here are some photos.

Thanks for your help !

Lefty

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 414
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Re:

Thanks anyway.

Actually this will be a short keep since the original owner wrote to me asking if he could buy it back. He said he missed it and realized afterward that he cherished his first bike more than the newer one.

I offered selling it back for the price I paid (120$ CAD) since I cannot know for sure if he's telling the truth and if he received another offer after the sale.

He seemed honest and I can understand that he misses his old Ritchey. So that’s it, end of the story and no Ritchey for me.

Looks to be a an Ultra judging by the white pearlescent colour and quality of logic & XT parts.
There is usually a U in the serial number of the Ultras but some are straight numbers. That is kind of you to return this bike to the original owner. May good Karma bless you in return.

Back