1991 Muddy Fox Sorcerer Mega, 2010's 1991 Make over Page3

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi Retro Bikers,

Finally something I can show you, I popped my RB classifieds cherry earlier this year in May, and despite not needing another bike, I had to buy this lovely frame from RBer 'BrunoD' :cool: I have been nest egging bits from other members here as well as eghey and LBS's and distant ones! :D

I wanted a Seeker Mega in Pink really but this is as good as it reminds me of my old 1991 Blue Tequesta as a bonus :)

Part 1: Signed sealed delivered

So heres the offering from Bruno
ebay141ah8.jpg

"Muddy Fox Sorcerer Mega of 1991 Crmo Mega Butted size L, in very good state.

Painting black and volcanic blue.

Splendid with Wishbone.

Delivered with Fork, saddle, seatpost, seatpost bolt, stem , bracket, grip and handle bar Muddy fox of origin.

Some small blows on painting and of small claws to the back of the saddle.
"
ebay156gg3.jpg

ebay146ux9.jpg

Ticked all the boxes: Classic but forward thinking, Steel, Muddy Fox, fat forks, wishbone, and funky paint. Love it!!!! :D
ebay153ke1.jpg

ebay150iv9.jpg

Bruno is in Belguim, so trusted him to not run off with my paypay monies, You know what they say, if its too good to be true...

Meanwhile I checked out its last build up, and fretted what the GF would say about another vehicle! :?

Muddy%20fox%20001.jpg

"All components of origin except the tires and the shifters right "

TBC TODAY!!!! check back soon, updates all week as it needs to be built up by Saturday for Peaks meet/ride!!!! :shock: :eek: :D :LOL:

So as per title, I'm Hoping to go and meet all you Northern strangers at the Peaks ride on Saturday 6th! :eek: Yes i pretty much know noone and only began piecing the bike together this week. :? Will I make it...?

Lets see how I'm getting on:

Part 2: I'm Yours

DSCN1559.jpg

Well it arrived at my mums house after Bruno had sorted some shipping from Belgium. He'd done an awesome job of splitting it down to components, and all wrapped in protective packing, very pro, it almost looked new. I was so excited it was like 1991 all over again, and I felt 14, 15 ish wicked! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Part 3: Self assembly

Right I won't get too giddy unless theres an audience... so one pic and my problems and why I may not get there Saturday.

DSCF4717.jpg

the fun bit :D Shiny stuff :D :cool:

Probs

-It needs a 30.2 (IIRC) Front mech, we're going 7 speed at this rate!
-Bottom bracket tool for tightening, is in post from Rutland...
-No Crank bolts :( may raid Donor bike...
-Tyres, tubes in post...
-Need wheels cassette, and oddments off donor bike, picking up tomorrow dinner.
-Also picking up new (old) van tomorrow evening. :eek: :D
-My Pliers are crap!

so owt could happen stay tuned. ;)[/list]

I still have some very nice black MF alu bars (with the paw prints) and a MF badged headset if these are of any use?

Oooooh yeah maybe, headset specially if its good newish usable cond.
Current is original Tioga Avenger re greased, bit old but matches new stem :D

Cheers

Oh and yeah, Mr K I'll try me best mate

----

Gonna add crank bolts to the list ^

Nice one Mark, thats coming on a treat. Let me know if you want picking up on Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Cheers Mark, i will be in contact about that. You've not got a BB tool I could borrow---on the day have ya please? :)

This is the status with mine.

"Thank you for your order (1532:cool:, we are currently out of stock of the product(s) that you have ordered. We shall be ordering the item(s) today so this should only add a couple days to the delivery time. When the items(s) come into stock we shall send them out on a next day delivery service.

If any item(s) have to be put onto a back order with the suppliers we shall email letting you know the status of your order."

BUMS :(

However Tyres and tubes are on the way from wiggle and due to collect my donor bike at dinner time after my mate commuted about 7 miles on it this morn :D

more piccies soon, made a little progress last night and due to a trip to Leicester for my new project van, i think its gonna be friday night when its all sorted, and I still don't know a lot about where am going :D

ACE :oops: :LOL:

DSCF4727.jpg

This is Tuesday nights efforts, looks similar today...
DSCF4724.jpg

cleaned this lot and reassembled for 7speed spec. 48T will be interesting up the hills.

Yes i'll have my BB tool with me so no problem at all with that. I'll pm you reference transport.

Back