WIP Yeti ARC

Ferry

Retro Guru
So last week a 1996 - 1997 Yeti ARC came up for sale here in the Netherlands. Although, I have not finished my Ultimate yet I could not resist....

p5pb16086149.jpg

This needs a repaint. I am still contemplating the parts to use depending on the colour scheme. I have not got any parts yet. So this will take some time. It will probably be grey - turquoise (like it is now) or yellow - turquoise. As it is a 1996 - 1997 frame I am looking for a 1996 Judy SL which will be painted / coated turquoise and some Shimano M950 parts (derailleurs, brakes, cranks).

If the frame will be painted grey - turquoise I would like to use a black Ringle Zooka and Moby post and black Ringle hubs.
If the frame will be painted yellow - turquoise I would like to use blue/turqoise Ringle Zooka, Moby post, hubs and Grafton cranks, brakes and brake levers.

Nice starting point.....

Which ever way you go, Grey and Turg or Yellow and Turq you can’t go wrong

Thanks a lot. This looks like a sound frame indeed. I think it will be grey and turquoise again.....probably

Hi Eef, thanks. It is I guess. I really like the proces of building a bike and also looking forward to riding them.

Yes, I am pretty certain it's going to be grey and turquoise again. I am thinking of sending it to https://www.goetz-pulverbeschichtung.de ... reisliste/ Does anyone on here have experience with them? I have also found a 1997 Judy SL. The lower legs will also be turquoise. First, I have to find a Answer Atac Ahead 135 mm length 0 rise:

c_answer_stem.jpg

I want to have this powder coated / painted turquoise aswell. Does anyone have the correct colour code for the grey and turquoise?

Numerous discussions on various forums have been held about the RAL codes for the Yeti colours; to summarize: there is no consensus on the grey, for the turquoise that seems to be RAL5018.

Re:

Bear in mind some of the early grey frames were just a clearcoat over the textured alloy.... I'm not sure what they did, whether it was bead-blasted or chemically etched to make the matt grey; maybe someone like scant, Mike Wilk or yetifan Andrew might be able to offer more insight?
Lovely frame though!

Re: Re:

elite504":17biz6h1 said:
Bear in mind some of the early grey frames were just a clearcoat over the textured alloy.... I'm not sure what they did, whether it was bead-blasted or chemically etched to make the matt grey; maybe someone like scant, Mike Wilk or yetifan Andrew might be able to offer more insight?
Lovely frame though!

Nick has it right. Early ARCs like a 92' and 93' that were gray in color were actually the bare aluminum after a very light bead blast with a coat of clear powder.

Back