91 Saracen Trekker Hydrotech

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Good A'noon,

Please find pics of my Saracen 91 Trekker Hydrotech which I have just this second finished , So much so I am typing this with greasy hands :LOL:

I got this in a very sorry state where it had been in a shed full of brambles and cobwebs for over 10 years, All that I have that is original are the Wheels (knackard), Magura STI mounts with LX STI and LX band on front mech which I will keep in a box.

I managed to get some period correct Wolber Wheels with LX hubs and an LX chainset (not black unfortuntaley).

The Magura's have not been touched apart from new pads and they work a treat, Still very powerfull after all these years and spiders.

I am really struggling to get a 31.2 seatpost and have used a 31.2 shim and 27.2 to get my by for the moment, All I need is a saddle which I am hunting for a rolls or a flite.

Spec,

Frame - 16" 7005 Aluminium super oversized tubing
Forks - Sracen Super Max Drive
Headset - Shimano Deore XT 1 1/4 ? its massive :LOL:
Brakes - Magura hydraulic rim brakes (original)
Gears - Shimano Deore XT & Thumbshifters
Chainset - Deore LX
Wheels - Wolber Saracen Super hard anodised rims with Deore DX Hubs
Pedals - deore DX Flattiese

I Hope you all like it as much as I do, I remeber these from back in the day and remember lusting over all the top end Saracen's and wishing I could afford one ....... well mum and dad back then :LOL:

I like the "Handbuilt in England" decals , Saracen certainly dont make em like they used to :shock:

Cheers

Attachments

• Trekker Hydrotech 001.jpg
    Trekker Hydrotech 001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 14,515
  • Trekker Hydrotech 006.jpg
    Trekker Hydrotech 006.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 14,510
  • Trekker Hydrotech 009.jpg
    Trekker Hydrotech 009.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 14,507
  • Trekker Hydrotech 007.jpg
    Trekker Hydrotech 007.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 14,511
If it was in a sorry state then you've done a cracking job!

I too am feeling the late 80's early 90's Saracen love.

Crell":2hdokpj1 said:
If it was in a sorry state then you've done a cracking job!

I too am feeling the late 80's early 90's Saracen love.

This was it when I got it.

Attachments

• Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 14,454
I think you did a great job on this bike, it's looking good, I like the frame colour too, same as my Cindercone, nice one :)

Looks great.....really liking it :)

I've got a genuine Saracen saddle if you are interested....the one it would have come with from the factory...a little worn though....interested?

neilll":2s4pya6m said:
Looks great.....really liking it :)

I've got a genuine Saracen saddle if you are interested....the one it would have come with from the factory...a little worn though....interested?

Thanks Neilll, Can you send me a pic , no rush but certainly interested to add the finishing touches :cool:

Re: 91 Saracen Trekker Hydrotech - Emerges from the Cobwebs

Gravy Monster":2t8bzlco said:
I like the "Handbuilt in England" decals , Saracen certainly dont make em like they used to :shock:

Cheers

Were the frames actually made in England then? And if so, where were they built and when did they stop? I was became suspicious of companies BITD stating things like 'Handbuilt in England' when all they were doing was assembling the components here.... :roll:

Back