'91 Zaskar.....Yawn

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
So, this is the final Zaskar I will ever breathe new life into....just can't ride the geometry these days for much distance. Its been here for ages only serving as an uber cool pub bike but I need space and would rather sell it on in a better state(is that wrong?).
This is 1991 Zaskar no.4 for me...a great year:)
Its not too far from original...just needs some nice gt flat bars and an overall good fettle. I love the ITM stem so will refurb that and the rest is good to go after a polish...any thoughts chaps?

Attachments

• rsz_20180616_104739.jpg
    rsz_20180616_104739.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 568
  • rsz_20180616_104728.jpg
    rsz_20180616_104728.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 568
  • rsz_20180616_104653.jpg
    rsz_20180616_104653.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 568
  • rsz_20180616_104638.jpg
    rsz_20180616_104638.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 568
Hmmm. Trying to like it but no, I think I prefer the 1993 model, it was there very early with the Aheadset and a replaceable mech hanger, I'm on my 3rd in 25 years.

Yours has its good points though, the 3D fork is something I wished they'd had for mine and always loved the double wedged adjustable Flippen Floppen stem (made redundant by the Aheadset headset!)

another_flip_flop_162.jpg

legrandefromage":1fyofm9s said:
Hmmm. Trying to like it but no, I think I prefer the 1993 model, it was there very early with the Aheadset and a replaceable mech hanger, I'm on my 3rd in 25 years.

Yours has its good points though, the 3D fork is something I wished they'd had for mine and always loved the double wedged adjustable Flippen Floppen stem (made redundant by the Aheadset headset!)

another_flip_flop_162.jpg

I hear ya cheeseboy...fair enuff....personally never broken a mech hanger in anger and as for the original stem...my arms arnt as long as inspector gadgets

They came in shorter lengths too.

gt_flip_flop_stem_810.jpg

The 18" Zaskar 'measures' more like a 20 but with a very short top tube which sometimes gave me odd handling issues if I got the fork length wrong.

Anyway, some love them, many dont. American handbuilt frame, lightweight and very very tough.

As for polish, dont use any as you'll strip the surface layer off.

This is a little hard to describe but if you wrap long strips of cotton t-shirt material around the tubing and pull backward and forward vigorously, it can bring up a mirror finish without the mess.

You'll get the idea.

legrandefromage":7nsdtvtl said:
As for polish, dont use any as you'll strip the surface layer off.

This is a little hard to describe but if you wrap long strips of cotton t-shirt material around the tubing and pull backward and forward vigorously, it can bring up a mirror finish without the mess.

You'll get the idea.
I think I get ya mate but gotta say l its my every intention to strip the top layer as its not at all pretty in places. I polish stuff for a living and this frames gonna ged it :)

legrandefromage":2l8kzwst said:
This is a little hard to describe but if you wrap long strips of cotton t-shirt material around it and pull backward and forward vigorously, it can bring up nasty chafe without the finishing mess.

You'll get the idea.

Pardon?

The History Man":3fbvzfkv said:
legrandefromage":3fbvzfkv said:
This is a little hard to describe but if you wrap long strips of cotton t-shirt material around it and pull backward and forward vigorously, it can bring up nasty chafe without the finishing mess.

You'll get the idea.

Pardon?

Yawn is in the title

Back