1985 Salsa Scoboni ... Scoboner

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So this was on eBay for about 10 mins primetime in Cali and the original buyer backed out. He thought it was too small. It may have been, but 80s/early 90s Salsas have super short TTs so they often seem smaller than they are. This is a 19" c2c with a 21.5 TT. Anyway, the seller hit the relist button in the wee hours of the night, which happens to be when I get up in the AM in Toronto, and it was up for 2 mins :LOL:

Meant to be.

I wasn't sure on the year at the time. The parts on it are c1987-8 so I figured it was around that. Its Moto#115 so it turned out to be about a 1985 from what I can tell and have been told.

Super cool frame. The gussets are unlike any Salsa I have seen.

She needs a bit of work as you can tell, but it will be worth it. I have most of the parts for it in the parts department and I'll probably go with the exact same livery on a repaint.

Smithjss70":2l101ky7 said:
Hot damn Jim! You do come across some desirable bikes and this is def one them. Love it!

On a roll lately. Scored something else fun Weds ... I'll wait until it arrives to get too excited. One of those ... "its too cheap, somethings gotta be fishy" moments.

... killing my funny $$$ account lately :facepalm:

Re:

Smithjss70":36xq5g3c said:
Did you see Kevin's Mountain Goat? What a peach!

I did! He and I are good buddies so we are always in on each others new projects. Coincidentally, his '83 goat is one off mine. I think he has #12 and I have #13 or something like that.

M-Power":36xq5g3c said:
Lovely and agree, full resto back in this original colour :cool:

Really the only right thing to do. The frame needs a ding filled, the chain suck cleaned up, and a new DT cable stop. I think (hope) that is it. I'll get the paint off it and give it a good looksy in the coming weeks. It seems straight which is good. The tire clearance is pretty tight. A 2.1 has about 2mm on either side so 1.9-1.95s it is.

Re: Re:

jimi911":bxgvzq2i said:
Smithjss70":bxgvzq2i said:
Did you see Kevin's Mountain Goat? What a peach!

I did! He and I are good buddies so we are always in on each others new projects. Coincidentally, his '83 goat is one off mine. I think he has #12 and I have #13 or something like that.

M-Power":bxgvzq2i said:
Lovely and agree, full resto back in this original colour :cool:

Really the only right thing to do. The frame needs a ding filled, the chain suck cleaned up, and a new DT cable stop. I think (hope) that is it. I'll get the paint off it and give it a good looksy in the coming weeks. It seems straight which is good. The tire clearance is pretty tight. A 2.1 has about 2mm on either side so 1.9-1.95s it is.

Cool! He's a good guy and we trade around a lot as well. Love the plans and registering for build! About to kick off an Ultimate myself once I work through dating it! Freaking Yeti and their SNs :D

Back