mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
The second one of the frames im starting to build up, my '93 Ti Bolt.

This one may take a little longer as i havent really been collecting parts for this as such. I have managed to source a couple of the parts i was wanting for it, whilst not looking, so to speak :LOL: I can imagine a couple of the parts im wanting to use may take longer to find, or maybe not, we will see :)

Again, like all my bikes, this is being built to ride which makes finding most parts fairly straight forward as not trying to get nos or catalogue spec. Its going to be hopefully period-ish spec, mainly XTR and Race Face components.

Anyway a pic of the frame, will get some more took tomorrow in better light as only just had it dropped round from the stores :D

Mark rm tb (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re:

first things first, you need to find a proper seat collar for that! ;)

registering for updates. :cool:

Re: Re:

RockiMtn":21mkg8h6 said:
first things first, you need to find a proper seat collar for that! ;)

registering for updates. :cool:

:LOL: i have a collar for it but was hoping to source a red one, or maybe black as i have a silver one. I say that, but the reason its not in the pic is i cant find it at the moment :facepalm:

Started to fit parts to this today.

Fitted a real seal headset, i have a couple, an original and a 2 version. I was going to fit the 2 but i bought it a while ago and never checked it when it arrived :roll: the lower bearings had seized and were full of dust. So fitted the other one, which after fitting i noticed a crack in the lower cup 🤦 not sure if it was there originally and i had just opened it up a bit or it happened while fitting it. New this one was going to take a little longer :LOL:

So just left it as is for now and slid the forks in and put it away.

The forks are SL Ti's and are really light, i have had other mag forks but never a set of these. Looking forward to see how they ride :cool:

Just a couple of pics before it went away again

Mark P1010228 (Medium).JPG P1010235 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
The Ti stem i was going to use didnt seem to suit the bike as it was polished, so fitted a Ti stem and bar combo i had which has a matt finish similar to the frame. Looks a lot better i think.

Added a couple of pics of a few parts i have for the bike. Was going to use XTR canti's but might try these Paul ones i have, just need to change the blue nuts for red or silver.

Was going to use 231 cd rims but kind of thinking silver ones now, also feel it could do with a silver post instead of a black one i originally was going to use. If anyone has a Race Face post in silver 27.2 they would like to sell please pm me, thanks :)

Mark P1010249 (Medium).JPG P1010258 (Medium).JPG P1010250 (Medium).JPG P1010243 (Medium).JPG P1010236 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
stood out in the blossom, shifters and new grips fitted and trying to decide between silver and black rims :? P1010273 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Finally got around to fitting some parts to the Ti Bolt today :D

Swapped the Ti stem and bar which was fitted for a Syncros stem and bar and fitted a Syncros post too. I think the stem suits it better as its a bit chunkier than the Ti one that was fitted, matches the thicker tubes on the frame better.

Went with XTR brakes in the end over the Paul ones, just look a bit neater, fitted the rear mech and also the bb and cranks. I do need some spacers still for the inner ring, got size somewhere but cant remember off the top of my head, if anyone has any knocking about they dont need i would be interested in aquiring them off you :)

The XTR wheels still need building up but kinda like the silver rims now its together. Will see.

Apart from that, just need a front mech and to fit cables chain and grips, then should be done :cool: P1010518 (Medium).JPG P1010520 (Medium).JPG P1010516 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Back