Tushingham's

Andy T

Orange 🍊 Fan
Hello folks,
Its been a good while since I contributed to the collective, busy busy... real life and other excuses!

Anyway, 2018 projects...I expect it may take a while to find the missing bits....

1987 Tushingham....the model before they added the "B.52"
Tange Plain Gauge tubing, Chainstay mounted brakes.

1988 Tushingham B.52 made from Tange Triple Butted Tubing and now with Seatstay mounted brakes.

I've had one of these frames for a while (Tushingham)....it has been around the site in various ownerships where it eventually came to me as part of a package with a couple of other frames. Original frame and fork and was in a terrible state and not worthy of a rebuild. It had more touch-up paint than original paint.

The Tushingham B.52 I found on Ebay, it was complete with original stem, bars and fork, however the paint was again not in good shape and had faded to a transparent yellow, the Exage groupset was shot or had been changed over the years. Decision was taken to restore both to as new, there are enough survivors around with their original paint for the purists.

The Tushingham will be built up to the factory brochure spec with Exage Mountain, this is proving difficult to find good parts especially the rear Mech, Crank arms, brake levers..

The Tushingham B.52 will be built up with MT60 in a 'reasonable' race spec from the 89-90 period...I have a hankering for a Mark 1 Girvin Flexstem...

Apologies for photos, I will redo and sort them out.
Going to be a slow build....

Andy

:cool: love the colours, look forward to seeing these built up

Mark

Re:

The detail of these are fantastic.

The earlier u brake is my favourite, but even the later models decals are spot on. Fade and colours are spot on.

Andrew you were the man who should have refinished the Orange formula (Dave Yates) that keeps reoccurring on ebay and multiple threads.

Class work mate.

Attachments

• B52................cool AS.JPG
    B52................cool AS.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,782
  • B52...spec list..JPG
    B52...spec list..JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,784
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers Carl,
Made an offer, there may be a couple of salvageable parts in there, problem with Exage is its predominantly plastic and it degrades over time, I've bought a fair bit of stuff as bulk buys and it's not salvageable when it arrives.

Generally parts would not have been changed out until ruined...., so finding good Exage will take time.

I heard a rumour its was still being manufactured for bikes in Thailand, not been able to confirm this so far.

It's interesting the spec sheet above states B.52 yet the frame carries no B.52 logo.

What do thing the cranks on that bike are, it's not Exage as Exage has a dull satin greyish finish and those are definitely shiney...

The get out of jail card is the last line on the spec sheet above.....

Back