Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:23 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:34 pm 
Retro Guru

Wahoo, etc.. ! I've finally finished building up my NOS M-Trax Ti 1000 frame. Bought for £30 from a Raleigh dealer closing down. When I say finished, I mean finished this very evening after work !

It's build up with new Deore XT 9-speed and SID Race forks (80mm travel), XT parallel push v-brakes and the wheels are XT hubs on Mavic XC-717 rims. The headset and bars are FSA, an On-One stem and a carbon spacer, no-name carbon seatpost and Turbomatic 4 saddle.

I think I can just about claim retro-ness as the frame is about 13-14 years old, it has a shark fin and the front derailleur is from the previous XT groupset (8 speed) as they're supposed to work better.

It's taken about 9 months to build up and now I'm just itching for the weekend to go out and break it in.

Titanium top and down tube, bonded to a welded cromoly rear triangle.

Spot the shark fin !

Now maybe I can give my Ozark a happy retirement and send him off for a much needed respray and a lie-down after 19 years of abuse...

What's next? I'd quite like to get my mitts on a Dynatech team road frame. Hmmm....

Terry 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:49 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I LOVE IT!!!! I had a Dynatech when I was in my teens, a DX equipped Dynatech 2070, it got nicked and I was gutted. I'd love to get my hands on another one now.

Old Raleighs take a kicking, but some of the stuff that came out as a result of their 'Special Products Division' was brilliant.

Post subject: RSP`
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:56 pm 
Retro Guru

Raleigh Special Products is a great lost brand - Tour De France winning road bikes and some great MTBs too. The Ozark at the bottom was the first special products mountain bike.

I've got a Dynatech road bike which is my normal ride, but it's not anything too exotic (though it does now have the original Dura-Ace integrated 8 STI).

Raleigh have, or are just about to, launch a Team Replica MTB which is odd as they don't have a team. As the most expensive MTB they sell currently is about £349 I'm not sure what it will be like - but I'd be delighted to be pleasantly surprised.

Terry...