A Torus Titanium Find Now Finished

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
I can't honesty say I was after a Dynatech Torus but when this sorry state presented itself locally I could only but save it.
It has a shocking mix of tat hanging off it! Underneath the frame is in pretty tidy nic...almost crack free! Just a teeny hairline split to the seat clamp area. Im not concerned about it tbh so will probably be left as is.
As for my plans??? Dunno really, maybe another parts bin special or does it deserve more?!
Thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• rsz_20180415_123308.jpg
    rsz_20180415_123308.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 2,040
Re:

Stripped and a quick wipe down hasn't revealed any horrors really, just a spinning rivnut which I tightened and a couple of teeny dings. The worse from some dullard overtightening the front mech band...pffft

Attachments

• rsz_20180415_164508.jpg
    rsz_20180415_164508.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 1,998
Re: A Lucky Ti Find

tintin40":1r9oxkqv said:
nice looking frame for a good spec build
Thanks, I think for the time being I will build it up with what I currently have to hand( XT M737 mainly with avid v's etc) just to see if I like how it rides and then think about longterm nicey bits :)

Racin'snake":11d4yuv0 said:
Just a teeny hairline split to the seat clamp area.
Yeah, that's how my first one died. Keep an eye on it if it gets much use.

mattr":1wh0pn4i said:
Racin'snake":1wh0pn4i said:
Just a teeny hairline split to the seat clamp area.
Yeah, that's how my first one died. Keep an eye on it if it gets much use.
Actually I have just given it a good clean as it was very grimy and I am now concerned...maybe worth getting it welded pending cost. I'll post up a pic shortly to see what you think? Cheers

Re:

The crack on the right is 5mm as hasn't gone right through the tube...the crack on the left is 10mm and 5mm of that has gone through the tube. Bugger

Attachments

• rsz_20180416_122526.jpg
    rsz_20180416_122526.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,853
Re:

you could try using a very tall seat clamp

I've seen a 3 bolt one but I cant find it anywhere online

Back