Help identify Brodie model and year

Daverro

Dirt Disciple
Picked this up yesterday and trying to figure out what it is. In good condition with full XT, Araya Rm-17 rims and the great looking fork. Any Brodie experts around? =)

Re:

I was not able to find a serial number from the first look. Although I only looked below the bottom bracket. Is there some other typical place I should check? Will the serial number give any idea about what model this one is as well you think?

Re:

Will be on underside of bb between chainstays.
Might be hidden by plastic cable guide.
Undo it and slide it out of the way.
Frames were stamped in the order made with no
indication of model.

Re:

Sovereign, eXpresso or ClimbMax, I suspect? I forget the differences. Looks like late 1980s because of the U-brake on the rear.

I'm just guessing though. There are plenty of Brodie experts in here. Or you could ask Paul directly on Facebook or via email.

PM me if you're interested in selling the frame, fork. I've been looking for a Brodie from that period for ages.

Ok, managed to find the serial number. As you said, on the bottom bracket under the cable guide and a lot of gunk it says B209. Any opinions with this new found information what model/year it might be?

Probably an early 1991 I think

raidan73":rwtfr5bn said:
Probably an early 1991 I think
I'd say bit later than that, cool it's a B series. Book says switched to
B series numbers April 1991. don't know if Paul stated with
B001 so maybe late 1991.
And if i had to guess I'd say a climbMax or catalyst.

Re:

B series started in April '90, so this should be a '91. The climbMax was always 1" I guess, so could be only catalyst or sovereign. From the seatstays I would say it's a sovereign ;)

Re: Re:

sovereign":36e4o86i said:
B series started in April '90, so this should be a '91. The climbMax was always 1" I guess, so could be only catalyst or sovereign. From the seatstays I would say it's a sovereign ;)
Check page 270 in Paul's book. says April 91 started B series.
Also says switched to 1 1/8" April 1991, is this one 1 1/8"
if so you are correct there, not a climbMax.

Back