84/85 Dawes Ranger

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Im totally chuffed to bits with my latest acquisition! Always wanted one and couldn't resisist this is was local and its fits! A total strip and rebuild/polish thread on way...shouldnt need to replace too much, even tyres might be salvageable :)
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• rsz_20180307_162003.jpg
    rsz_20180307_162003.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 1,792
Nice.

But...

I wanted one of these for so long , when I got one I was all excited a little bit of wee came out, until I rode it.

You might like it but I didn't

Re:

Oh why dont the pair of you just piss reeet on me strawberry patch....gonna go n grind it up into iron fillings now :-(

Re:

Sulking aside....it was soooo long that whwn I collected it my thule roof rack was at its limits almost...tandem styleee. Gonna give it a blast tomorrow anyhows

Re:

I have a pair of those tyres, salvaged from a scrap Dawes, they're just great. Big and bouncy for off road, blow 'em up rock hard and they fly on the tarmac too, save them if you can.

Love the bike, shame not much stuff of that era comes up in "weeman" size, had a slightly later Dawes Wildcat in the smallest size they made but it was just too long for me. With that seatpost I don't think I could reach the handlebars on yours!

Re: Re:

weeman_mtb":1151zni7 said:
I have a pair of those tyres, salvaged from a scrap Dawes, they're just great. Big and bouncy for off road, blow 'em up rock hard and they fly on the tarmac too, save them if you can.

Love the bike, shame not much stuff of that era comes up in "weeman" size, had a slightly later Dawes Wildcat in the smallest size they made but it was just too long for me. With that seatpost I don't think I could reach the handlebars on yours!

I can confirm the tyres are very big n bouncy! I didnt put alot of air in them as they are very dry indeed. As for the ride, I had a blast! apart from the crap brakes and clunky changes

I love my Ranger with it's steel polished wheels and motorbike trials bars, it's a blast to ride.......

Back