Too close to ignore. 93 Bear Valley Gate 69er?

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
I reckon this was a bargain. A bit of haggling and it changed hand for less than the price of a decent takeaway. Needs lots of XTLC

Bars are mike Muz short. Everything moving. Result! Not had a Marin since the scrapyard challenge. It has a certain charm don’t you think? Only thing missing is a rubber lever cover. Even still has the bung in the stem. Could be a bit low at the front..............

Re: Too close to ignore. Just the right side of ruined?

Theres a more than decent bike there once the grimes cleaned off

Strip it and flip it or ride and decide?

You have 30 seconds to make a decision. I must warn you that I have to take your first answer.

Attachments

• 17C189C0-3D9C-4857-94D4-9931CD06CB4A.jpeg
    17C189C0-3D9C-4857-94D4-9931CD06CB4A.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,746

split it - nobody will ever grow into that frame.

Even in 1992

legrandefromage":1qidizss said:
split it - nobody will ever grow into that frame.

Even in 1992

So true

Well i think i might give it a second chance as a bit of a road biased oddity, given the tyres on it. I shall clean it up as is and see how it pootles. I reckon it's a nice size so there. Think there's a Ritchey race lite silver bar in the shed that wouldn't be too out of place. Other than that and maybe a spoon. Oh and x lite bar ends? ;)

Re: Too close to ignore. 93? Bear Valley Gate

It's amazing what 5 hours, a bucket of diesel, a toothbrush and an OCD can do..........

Mrs HM says I smell funny.

Top Tip: clean your hands using a small amount of water, a dishwasher tab and a nail brush. They come up lovely with a satisfying after burn.

Back