1992 Merlin Mountain

Re:

Nice and original built :D
The SweetWing crankset is a bit anachronistic but I recognize that he fits fine on the bike with the Action Tec chainrings

Your valve sits not correctly centered. Pic 3. Apart from that very nice bike with good build spec.

Elev12k":1jhhcfhm said:
Your valve sits not correctly centered.
Front Tri Align seems to be very powerful and make the tire ritzting on the rim :mrgreen:

Re:

Thanks guys!

Wow bit of a tough crowd :shock:

24pouce I realize I am using cranks that don't match the vintage of the frame perfectly. This is ultimately a bit of a 'retromod' build. The CK headset is not era correct, and I lengthened the bars to a blasphemous 24.5" width!! Also, I plan on putting modern rubber on the wheels before I go out on its maiden voyage...

Elev12k I am not sure if you are referring to the orientation of the tyre logo to the valve (it does look to be off by 3-4mm), or if you mean the valve is crooked. I just went and checked the bike, and the valve is perfectly straight, so it looks to be an optical illusion in photo #3. I guess we have different severities of ocd... ;)

i spotted some dirt on the front tire :shock: :LOL: i bet it rides like a dream? Love the cranks. Sort the valve :LOL:

Re: Re:

shamobius":2thywcpj said:
Thanks guys!

Wow bit of a tough crowd :shock:

Elev12k I am not sure if you are referring to the orientation of the tyre logo to the valve (it does look to be off by 3-4mm), or if you mean the valve is crooked. I just went and checked the bike, and the valve is perfectly straight, so it looks to be an optical illusion in photo #3. I guess we have different severities of ocd... ;)

Okay, it reminded me a bit of...

The tower of Pisa effect. In case it is an optical illusion than you are safe, but if it isn't, you plan to enter it in the BOTM and you wish to maximize your chance, than it is better to do something about it. The bike certainly deserves it. I see myself voting for it.

Attachments

• 525px-The_Leaning_Tower_of_Pisa_SB.jpeg
    525px-The_Leaning_Tower_of_Pisa_SB.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,982

Latest posts

Back