orange frame number

K1ely10

Retro Newbie
I have just bought a orange mountain bike the frame number starts A20 i presume this 1992 how can find out what model it is ?

K1ely10":16i80qz8 said:
I have just bought a orange mountain bike the frame number starts A20 i presume this 1992 how can find out what model it is ?

Just post a pic up here and someone will tell you exactly what it is. If you have trouble uploading pics use picresize.com to make it smaller

Re:

If it is a 1992 then it will be either a Clockwork, Prestige, Elite or Aluminium O (although i’m Not sure any of the O’s had a 92 serial number?).

If it’s steel it’s a Clockwork or Prestige. Look at the brake cable mount on the seat stay. If the base is solid, it’s a Clockwork, if it has a hole in it, Prestige.

If it’s aluminium and is in original condition it will be a O if painted, a Elite if lacquered.

If it’s steel it’s a Clockwork or Prestige. Look at the brake cable mount on the seat stay. If the base is solid, it’s a Clockwork, if it has a hole in it, Prestige.

i checked the brake cable mount has a hole in it so its a prestige but it has the remains of clockwork decals ???

Re:

Get a picture up to confirm mate. The hole is in the bit between the frame and the barrel part that the cable sits in.

Re:

If it's a Prestige the brake cable stop at the rear should be like this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171206-210228-385x591.jpg
    Screenshot_20171206-210228-385x591.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 896
Re: Re:

jimo746":2h2eigsu said:

My Clockwork (which I believe may be an 89/90) has the same cable stop. It also has the bridging between the chainstays and the curved front mech cable braised on top of the non-drive side BB shell. The frame came without decals from an ex-Orange chap – maybe it's a Prestige?

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":3hlh45i4 said:
jimo746":3hlh45i4 said:

My Clockwork (which I believe may be an 89/90) has the same cable stop. It also has the bridging between the chainstays and the curved front mech cable braised on top of the non-drive side BB shell. The frame came without decals from an ex-Orange chap – maybe it's a Prestige?
It's a year thing.

Back