mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Always been a fan of Kona's and '96 is one of my favourite years, so a '96 Hei Hei is right up there as a dream bike of mine. I know there is the KK but that is too focused for what i use/want the bike for.

Had this one for a while now. Plan was, and still is eventually, to build it with full M950 and Judy SL's and a full set of new decals. I have quite a few of the parts but decent 950 parts started reaching silly money so kind of focused on other things, while this faded.

While moving things around recently, i realised i probably had enough parts to build this up, maybe quite a mixed group of components but Kona did that themselves, thats my excuse :LOL: and if it gets me out riding it instead of just looking at a bare frame slowly disapearing to the back of a room full of other useful non used items then thats got to be a good thing :D

Mark P1011590 (Medium).JPG P1011588 (Medium).JPG P1011587 (Medium).JPG P1011577 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Cheers guys, im not sure of the weight, have nothing to weigh it on :)

Spent a good couple of hours last night and today searching for parts im thinking of using. I have different bars, headsets, grips etc i might use but will see as it comes together. Not that bothered about co ordinating colours and such with this, just want it to get built and be rideable for now :)

Some parts... P1011597 (Medium).JPG P1011592 (Medium).JPG P1011596 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
tintin41":3qljo8lo said:
any plans to put the correct decals on?

Yes, eventually. For now just going to build it up as is until i have all the parts to build it how i always envisioned it.

I have thought a lot about having it painted, i have, and had, a few Ti bikes and while they do look good in the flesh so to speak, they do kind of get a bit bland after a while, especially considering all the colours it could be.

Chris Evans had a collection of Ferraris all painted white. I really like the idea of having a collection of bikes all painted the same colour and same graphics, maybe one day :cool:

The wheels are the only big thing missing. I have a couple of built wheelsets i might end up using for now but one has red hubs and the other blue :| i have a few sets of hubs and was going to use silver Hope hubs and silver 217's, but i am, as they say, one rim short of a full wheelset :LOL: :shock: P1011601 (Medium).JPG P1011600 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Lovely frame and parts. I must say that I find old RS forks useless for my weight (97kg) so if I was you I would get nice ti rigid fork...

Dare":21vdh7yv said:
Lovely frame and parts. I must say that I find old RS forks useless for my weight (97kg) so if I was you I would get nice ti rigid fork...

I have enough fully rigid bikes and personally i dont mind Judy's. They do what i need them to.

Arent you running Judy's on your Brodie!? :)

Not anymore...right now Brodie went through godawful modern transformation but it is also more used this way...not as good-looking but much more capable.

Back