PACE RC100.- Finished with high res pics on page 9

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Next on the list is the one I have hankered after since July 7th 1989 when i visited the Great Yorkshire show. Amongst the cows, tractors and various agicultural tat was a small tent with a chap called Adrian in it with a rather fancy mountain bike. I spent most of the day gawking at it and asking silly questions and decided that one day I would own one! incidentally i came across RetroBike whilst searching t'internet for one of these beauties.
Well after getting sidetracked with various other projects, i have finally got my wish. Thanks to Andy.l I now have a RC100 project......let the pain begin!

Attachments

• 100_2413.jpg
    100_2413.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 6,577
lets agree to share hints/tips on the restoration progress, theres still a bit of a way left to go on mine yet...the whole single speed thing was just a weekends boredom setting in :)

1st time I saw one in a 1989 MBUK it blew me away! That looks really nice,don't think they ever really topped the look of the origional,not that I'd mind owning any of them.

oh sod it if you guys are all restoring yours i cant be left out!! :LOL: anyone got a spare pace stem?? and a supply of the bullseye bearings?

billinjah":14hr81rc said:
oh sod it if you guys are all restoring yours i cant be left out!! :LOL: anyone got a spare pace stem?? and a supply of the bullseye bearings?

See Tim (justbackdated) I think he supplied the ones I have to Andy.

Things moving along at a cracking Pace up here :roll: I'm doing a 'dry' build before it all gets painted and powder coated....

Got the front end together- I have machined out the headset top cup and made a sliding collar for the machined down bottom race and all is together and working well. One pce stem/steerer has been cut to the right length (it was from a 19" frame) and fitted with a star fangled nut instead of the original brazed in bolt. headset bearings were fun to keep in place whilst it was all assembled (they are loose bearings on the XC Pro unit I am using) but I got there in the end.
i've just put the tyres on the wheels, fitted the cassette and put them on... now on with the cranks!

Should have it up and running by tea time :LOL:

pace1a.jpg

pace1b.jpg

Back