My 1st, 2nd & 3rd Bike. Rockhopper\Killi Flyer Comp\Alu

toons

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Dudes

Here’s my first, second and third bike I’ve owned.

Specialized Rockhopper
Saracen Killi Flyer Comp
Orange Aluminium O

242497025_0b83f93a10_o.jpg

242497026_f7b3ff9aca_o.jpg

242497028_8905dd10ba_b.jpg

Me and my dad bought them at the same time; the pervious post was his that he’s still got.

This was a photo of mine that I scanned.

Now that Rockhoper is how I remember my formative mtb years looking.

That's a proper retro bike. We need more of the whole build. Not stopping at Thumbshifters and the first SLR 2 finger brake levers, but instead turning the dial up to 11 and sticking a 'Local Motion' shoulder pad/ pocket on, or a 'Wonder' light bracket or a disc wheel held on with cable ties...

...more authentic BITD accesories on bikes.

:D :D :D

wish i;d kept my MF discs. Put one on each wheel once and got blown off the road in a side wind down a hill!.

:D

Those Zefal pumps! I think I still have some chewed plastic frame clamps lying around in my tool box now! :LOL:

Actually this shows how we are not building what we used to have, rather we are building bikes with todays aesthectic rather than true replicas of yesteryear!

Nice bikes, good to see them.

Stick Legs":2nwfxmul said:
Actually this shows how we are not building what we used to have, rather we are building bikes with todays aesthectic rather than true replicas of yesteryear!

Absolutely.

I've got some of those gnarled zefal mount clips in the garage. They ate themselves didn't they?

Yup I've got some of the zefal clips in the tool box.

Have no idea where the pump went though. :D

I ended hacking the disk off my back wheel with a big knife, it drove me bl**dy mad the noise it made!!!

Mind you I was an impatient teenager, (and ebay hadn't been invented). ;)

Back