Orange P7 and Zaskar LE

Theoldfm

rBotM Winner
I have been angling after doing another Zaskar build for some time - ideally to create a replica of the one I built up and raced back in the mid 1990's.

Anyway, fast forward 25 years and I have just bought a 1994/5 Zaskar, complete with the same forks and headset as my old one but in need of a refurb.

I had been looking for some better wheels for it and stumbled across a lovely P7 with the gold Mavic rims I was after so have bought that now as a spares bike.

The dilemma now though is do I continue with the plan to build up the Zaskar using the P7 for parts, or rebuild both as upon closer inspection, the P7 really is lovely!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 539
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 539
Re:

Do you like grip-shifts? I have them on my trek 6700 slr. I'm having a hard time getting comfortable with them after decades of trigger shifters. With the Zaskar I personally would find a seatpost to match the stem, get a wider handlebar, get trigger shifters and then clean it up and make it look nice. Depending on the condition of the wheels I might change them up too.

Re: Re:

Lhatch4":1aln7kbt said:
Do you like grip-shifts? I have them on my trek 6700 slr. I'm having a hard time getting comfortable with them after decades of trigger shifters. With the Zaskar I personally would find a seatpost to match the stem, get a wider handlebar, get trigger shifters and then clean it up and make it look nice. Depending on the condition of the wheels I might change them up too.

My thoughts exactly - already have the seatpost on order, 8 speed rapid fire shifters, grips (will lose the bar ends) and new syncros stickers for the stem...

Back