Alpinestars Xross

joelrides

Retro Newbie
Hi all, picked up this alpinestars Xross a few months back and slowly upgrading the components. Currently set up as a 1x10 with xtr dereailleur, xt canti and crankset. Still debating if I want to put drop bars on it.

What was this bike marketed as, a hybrid, a cyclocross, or mountain?

Thanks!
Alpinestars Xross by joelcachero83, on Flickr

Re:

Hi Joel welcome to retrobike, nice bike and the condition looks great. Hope you enjoy the ride, I would put drop bars on it of it where mine. Do a search on the forum, I'm sure there's anothe cross around. There's also a "show us you're Alpinestars" thread maybe post the bike in there as well.

Definitely put some drops bars on it and some of road tyres, something like the Clement Crusade are great for ripping up the single track.

Hi all, picked up this alpinestars Xross a few months back and slowly upgrading the components. Currently set up as a 1x10 with xtr dereailleur, xt canti and crankset. Still debating if I want to put drop bars on it.

What was this bike marketed as, a hybrid, a cyclocross, or mountain?

Thanks!
Alpinestars Xross by joelcachero83, on Flickr
I have exactly the same frame and colour except the fork os not the original as your but om still looking for it,any idea where i can find the original fork?

Attachments

• 1A26B15C-AA61-47FA-A44E-223B241AB6DC.jpeg
    1A26B15C-AA61-47FA-A44E-223B241AB6DC.jpeg
    578.4 KB · Views: 25
Back