It's not really retro but still..........

plexus

Ritchey Fan
Feedback
View
Dear all,

My name is Bart and i've posted a few allready but haven't introduced myself properly....so consider this as a first greet ;)

I'm 28 years old an cycling since i was 15 so that's 13 years now.
A few weeks back something crossed my path that i really really wanted (a lot of you know what i mean........i think :D)

So i'll show you......

pbpic1009823.jpg

pbpic1009824.jpg

So now i have a Cannondale Scalpel1000 for sale.......anyone interested?

Hi Plexus,

It is not old, but to me it is a classic. The frame is Toyo made, you know? It is about the best and most refined you can get.

plexus.jpg

http://www.tsss.co.jp/06bikes/ritchey/plex/plexus.html

More Toyo:
http://www.tsss.co.jp/06bikes/testach/tight/tight.html
http://www.tsss.co.jp/06bikes/testach/p ... raise.html

Sweet!

I do have a old, trashed Ritchey of what the origins are often questioned by people who I consider very serious Ritchey connaisseur. I believe MarinTi has a P21, also Toyo made.

Ooooh ....and uuuh..... Welcome!

I've been told by the dutch Ritchey agent this is one of the last tom-made frames.........he didn't even know about the toyo-shop.

I noticed awhile back, that the latest member was Plexus.I was waiting to see something like this. Very nice. If it rides anything like my P20, it should be stunning :LOL:

I rode it today for the first time for about 2 hours, i couldn't get the grin off my face :LOL:

The ride is definite absolutely stunning, there wasn't a moment i missed my scalpel...... :oops:

Hi,

www.toyoframe.co.jp

By using Babelfish you could possibly decipher what they say. There is some sort of factory tour included where they show some processes.

Working on a Plexus rear:

0289.jpg

0293.jpg

Toyo is small shop only doing high end frames for others (Ritchey, Rivendell, BikeTech in the past) and their own brand Testach. It is said that in terms of quality they can be compared with the best boutique builders.

For as far I know Tom stopped building frames quite long ago. I do not know whether this implies he doesn't do a single frame nowadays. I pm'ed Plexus with a lead to people who could inform him on that.

- Melvin

plexus":3m8ef9vj said:
I rode it today for the first time for about 2 hours, i couldn't get the grin off my face :LOL:

The ride is definite absolutely stunning, there wasn't a moment i missed my scalpel...... :oops:

Great to hear!

Not very surprised though. Aluminium builds great cans, but no Ritchey beaters ;)

plexus":20ftrnzi said:
I've been told by the dutch Ritchey agent this is one of the last tom-made frames.........he didn't even know about the toyo-shop.

Henk Schipper is a friendly guy, but not much into retrobikes.
That's why he probably did'nt know where most Ritchey were made ;) .
Only few of the later frames were actually welded by Tom in his shed.
The european warehouse is located in Switzerland and I know for sure that there haven't been much mountainbikeframes around there for quite a while. All there is left are a few petit roadframes!

I used to own 4 Ritchey bikes:
Ritchey Road Classic
Ritchey Ultra
Ritchey P21
Ritchey Softtail

The P21 and the Softtail went to the collection of a friend of mine and the other two went to Germany.

Back