Orange Prestige - Finished pics on page 7

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Last weekend I caught up with an old school friend I haven't seen for over 15 years, unfortunately he is no longer able to ride due to a knee issue. Due to this, his childhood bike has been sat idle for many years.
He had the nicest bike out of our group of friends so I am honoured to be able to bring her back from the dead :)

Highlights include:

Shimano XT front and rear mechs, thumbies, chainset and BB
Mavic rims on Campagnolo hubs, one near new Tioga Psycho Edge tan wall tyre
Bontrager Ti saddle
USE bars and bar ends

Decal set bought already but I need to source a canti. If anyone has a pair or full set of Campagnolo Icarus brakes, please let me know :)

Thanks, Tim

Re: Another new project

Well here's the pics, she looks awful but I know there's a beauty under all that dirt, grease.

Decals arrived today and I won some nice Ritchey grips on eBay last night, long way off installing either though ;)

Parts wise I think I can re use most bits but on the hunt for a nice but cheap earlier Deore XT rear mech and a matching Campagnolo Icarus canti for the front.

Re: Another new project - Orange Prestige

Watching this with interest. If its anywhere near the standard of your last prestige is gonna be great! Looks like a 19 inch 92/93 Prestige. Lovely frames.. Glad your giving it some TLC..

Cheshire1980":25o5atgf said:
Watching this with interest. If its anywhere near the standard of your last prestige is gonna be great! Looks like a 19 inch 92/93 Prestige. Lovely frames.. Glad your giving it some TLC..

Thank you for the kind words. Won't be as high spec and I'm not looking to repaint it but I'm hoping to make the most of what I have to work with plus a few replacement bits. It'll be a good honest usable bike.

Sounds a good plan Tim. I personally think a black prestige will look great. Fresh decals..etc.
Should offer a good lightweight ride when finished. The prestige is my favourite model of the orange fleet. Anyway look forward to your final result.

Re:

Sorry to hear your old friend is unable to ride – I'd hate to be in that situation. It's always good to see another Orange and pleased to see it's a Prestige – I'm looking forward to watching this one progress – I'm sure you'll do a grand job. Although black seems to be a classic choice, are you considering any other colours?

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":3af14wr2 said:
Sorry to hear your old friend is unable to ride – I'd hate to be in that situation. It's always good to see another Orange and pleased to see it's a Prestige – I'm looking forward to watching this one progress – I'm sure you'll do a grand job. Although black seems to be a classic choice, are you considering any other colours?

It certainly sucks for him but I said I'd do him proud, plan is to get it looking as it did when we were kids, so just an older XT mech, the Campagnolo Icarus canti for the front and a matching pair of tan walls to be sourced.

It's going to stay black, going to need slot of polishing I think.

My previous Prestige was a lovely Orange, passed on the frame to help fund a Vit T which was then sold whole to fund a Yeti ARC build. The ever going cycle of Retro Bikes :LOL:

Re: Re:

Minifreak":347h3r47 said:
groovyblueshed":347h3r47 said:

It certainly sucks for him but I said I'd do him proud, plan is to get it looking as it did when we were kids, so just an older XT mech, the Campagnolo Icarus canti for the front and a matching pair of tan walls to be sourced.

It's going to stay black, going to need slot of polishing I think.

My previous Prestige was a lovely Orange, passed on the frame to help fund a Vit T which was then sold whole to fund a Yeti ARC build. The ever going cycle of Retro Bikes :LOL:

Indeed – that was a nice bike! I'm considering that colour possibly (amongst many others) for my Clockwork. I guess the Prestige will look fab with the black shined up glossy.

Back