'93 Marin Bear Valley SE

Herman

Dirt Disciple
Yup, I bought another one (I'm gonna stop browsing through adverts not to be tempted again).

It's a '93 Marlin Bear Valley in very good and original state. It even had a Cateye Vectra cc-7000 from I think the right era on it. Even the tires are the original Marin Lite ones.

Only thing not like new are the decals, they are just stickers on the frame, and at some points peeling off.
There is some rust on the steering stem, I think its nickelplated or something like that.
I also had to change the front and rear wheelbearings they were not perfect anymore. Rest is fine.

Specs:

Frame: Steel (Cr-Mo)

Fork: Marin Rockstar (Cr-Mo)

Headset: Ritchey Logic 1 1/8
Stem: Marin Lite
Handlebar: Marin Lite
Grips: Marin Lite (High density foam)
Barends: Marin Lite

Brakes: Shimano Exage
Brake Pads:
Brake Cables:
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Deore LX

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: Deore LX
Rear Derailleur: Deore LX
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette:
Chain:
Cranks: Shimano Exage
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket:
Pedals:

Hub Skewers:
Rims: Araya TM18
Hubs: Shimano Exage
Nipples:
Spokes: 1,8mm SS
Tyres: Marin Lite
Tubes:

Saddle: Marin Lite
Seatpost:Marin Lite
Seatpost Binder:

Weight: According to Marin 11,8 kg

Compared to my American Eagle and the SM800, the frame is to big for me. But as I'm only using it on the road it doesn't bother me really. But when I go from the SM800 to the Marin it feels huge.

When wondering what the little red Ty-wrap is doing on the horizontal tube, it's preventing the Steer from damaging the paint. I can put it a little higher, but I like it at this height.

Greetings,

Herman

Attachments

• Side view.jpg
    Side view.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,259
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,259
  • Bar.jpg
    Bar.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,259
  • Front view.jpg
    Front view.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,254
Wow thats in good nick :) I had one of those for Xmas that year as a step up from my Muirwoods... Nice bike and pretty light from memory. The decals were shocking, they peeled off really quickly on mine, the little rings round the chainstays were the first to go!
Mine was a 17.5" and yours is bigger so that puts it at 19"?

If you ever want to sell...... (if I ever have any cash!)

dirtjumper_dmr":le7dz3k6 said:
Mine was a 17.5" and yours is bigger so that puts it at 19"?

If you ever want to sell...... (if I ever have any cash!)

When I measure it center to center its 19 inches (48cm).

I'm not sure about selling it. Like I wrote it's to big for me (I'm 1.73 m so that's around 5 feet 7 in your sizes) but on the road it's not so bad.
But if you make me an offer I can't refuse who knows..

It's not as nimble as my SM800 but that a totally different bike, more like a toy. The Marin for me feels more like a street racer.

Greetings,

Herman

Back