Mr Ox's 1994 Ozone co2 build thread

MR OX

Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
I've fairly recently purchased myself this co2 from Ebay viewtopic.php?f=4&t=369456&hilit=ozone after a bit bit of a wobbly start, damn you 1 1/4 headset! I think I'm getting to the point where I can start building, already had loads of help from the forum probably wouldn't have got started otherwise so big thanks Retrobike & all those who've helped me already!
Updates as they come! :D

Re:

Spent a very rainy afernoon in the garage stripping down my Rc35's & picking crumbly peices of red elastomer out of the fork legs, oh the joy! Having recently relocated from shed to garage I haven't quiet got everything together plus I still have the Ridgeback to finish for her ladyship. Hmm this could be a slow burn :roll:

Re:

how the hell did I missed this thread.... Any up dates on this rare double disc beast ?

whats the serial on yours ?

they make for a great ride and I've used mine tons

Attachments

• WP_20160411_18_06_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160411_18_06_10_Pro.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,486
  • WP_20170422_16_49_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170422_16_49_37_Pro.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 1,488
Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3gfbdbr1 said:
how the hell did I missed this thread.... Any up dates on this rare double disc beast ?

they make for a great ride and I've used mine tons
Mine's 31194. I've managed to aquire lots of parts for the build including a pair of equally faded Zero qr's to match the seat clamp one but haven't really got started yet, however while waiting for some paint to dry fitted the cassette & went to fit the tyres only to find the rear rim had really heavy rust stains on the inside where the tyre mounts so spent a good hour cleaning all that off before I could mount the tyres.
I'm really looking forward to this build :)

Re: Re:

MR OX":txyun36e said:
Retro Spud":txyun36e said:

Mine's 31194.

:shock: 31191

Attachments

• WP_20170422_16_51_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170422_16_51_40_Pro.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,314
with the very limited production numbers I always thought the extra digit in the serial numbers denoted it being Annodised blue or Purple
i.e pre fixed with a 2 = Blue, 3=Purple

however yours blows that theory out of the water given its clear the same as 4291

perhaps I should swing past Footies shop and ask him to cast his mind back 25 years :D

Attachments

• Ozone Serial Number.jpg
    Ozone Serial Number.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,305
Re:

Wowsers! I think the chap I brought it from had popped into the shop with it (I collected it from Cinderford) he didn't give me much info on it, mind you I didn't ask as I'd brought my long suffering other half with me & decided to get in & out quickly. I'd love to get some history on this bike, I really like it & want to get it right. Someone on the forum told me it's probably a 1994 so the plan is to build it with 737 Xt

1994 sounds right as I raced in the 1994/1995 Ozone winter series
Which featured an Ozone as the main prize....HOWEVER everyone else from 2nd place down had to make do with one of these :LOL:

The fronts proper fancy but the back is more informative as its got the year

Attachments

• Ozone winter series 1995.JPG
    Ozone winter series 1995.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,231
Re:

The Ridgeback "It's taken me blooming ages" build is almost finished. Can't wait to get stuck into this but feeling a little aprehencive. I'm sure it'll be fine once I get started ;)

Re:

I've finally pulled my finger out & am getting started!
So I'm starting with striping & cleaning but already have more questions than answers so if anyone can help I'd be really grateful!
I'm planning to run M737 cranks, the frame came with a m560 arm attached to a bb marked 73. Can I just use the 68 bb I have with my M737's? I know this is probably a stupid question but I don't know.

Latest posts

Back