29 years of patina has a certain charm to it

Re: Oh Canada

That is the plan, I will touch up the rust and give it a good clean

I stripped the frame down, unfortunately the 6sp XT is stuffed
Plan B, mix and match with 89 7sp
1_IMG_0091.JPG

The wheels I'm still a little conflicted on but leaning towards
1_IMG_0092.JPG

Also, if anyone has a spare 100-120 early syncros/Brodie/salsa stem in their stash, please PM me

Nice! The RS1 looks mint

raidan73":1poijymq said:
Nice! The RS1 looks mint
I thought that might be a little controversial, actually

Big thanks to Pete for the stem, he was a champ to send this out from America for this project
IMG_0163.JPG

I've been buying a few modern reproduction parts, as I plan to use this bike
IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

off topic, but had to ask. what happened to your SS project??? you had fabricated so much, and the thread just ended without a conclusion.

gotta admit, that stem looks better on your Avalanche than it looked on my Yo. Curious to know how that bike made it to NZ though?!?

Re:

RockiMtn":29vtesd5 said:
off topic, but had to ask. what happened to your SS project??? you had fabricated so much, and the thread just ended without a conclusion.

Basically I lost heart, I found some major issues with the frame, so I bought another doner frame with the intension of brazing the horizontal dropouts into that.

That in turn sat in my garage untouched for ages, then this happened

SyhofTKq.jpg

lYrWz9jH.jpg

HeRbHPLG.jpg

I rode it for a bit, then moved it on to another local RB member
To many other projects.........

PeteC":29vtesd5 said:
gotta admit, that stem looks better on your Avalanche than it looked on my Yo. Curious to know how that bike made it to NZ though?!?

This bike appeared on a local auction site. The seller is a plastic kayak moulder who was selling up his business in retirement.
I believe he bought the bike new in Canada on a sales trip. He used it well, then it became a hand me down school bike for his children and ultimately sat untouched in the corner for who knows how long.

Back