I bought another P7

Having bought an Orange P7 for Mrs Rouleur a while back, I never really got around to turning off the eBay search notifications. This would normally be fine. But, coupled with the fact I'd had a few after work beers, and a P7 going cheap with just a few minutes of the auction left, meant I ended up buying another P7.

A couple of bits of luck... 1) the local collection only was in SW London. Should probably have checked that before bidding. 2) it's actually in really good nick, and rideable back to Charing Cross from the collection. But mostly it's in pretty good condition!

Re:

So, here are a few quick photos after I'd cycled it home (and found a massive muddy puddle to go through -- hey, I off roaded it a bit back from the station!):
h6zTbgd.jpg

dE8dbi4.jpg

UZvToaP.jpg

dOVzGgB.jpg

upaaVkN.jpg

The ribbing (for her pleasure!) on the forks mean that these are RC36 Pro Class Evo Limiteds. Only about 150 of them made out if parts Pace had kicking around the factory, with a 99 spec (radiator style) crown. According to Goatsurfer anyway!

That last photo shows pretty much the only rust on the frame. The lacquer has yellowed and worn through a bit elsewhere, so I think this is going to need a bit of paint stripper, Coke and tin foil, followed by Autosol.

After that, I'm thinking of going single speed.

Having been stuck with a knackered shoulder and a couple of cracked ribs, it's taken a few weeks to be able to actually start taking the P7 apart!

Anyway, it's stripped. A few rust spots on the frame which I'll deal with later. Just want to try it out as a single speed first.

So, to that end, an 18T Onza SS conversion kit installed on the FH-M737 hub:

WpB8WzA_d.jpg

Re: I bought another P7 -- this one's going single speed!

Having faffed about doing other things, I finally got around to bolting things together for my P7 SS. Nothing has yet been restored or refurbed, just cleaned. And only just off the stand, so a few tweaks still required (lever and saddle angles, mostly).

Still, looks pretty good!

R8eguOx_d.jpg

I still want to swap the forks for some F7s, then we'll have a proper lightweight SS monster!

Quick update (finally!) on this. I managed to get hold of some F7s (with another P7 frame in tow -- tough one to explain to the Missus, that one!). These are still in the barn awaiting some refurb action.

In the meantime, I've been loving the P7. I took it to France on holiday in the summer, and spanked it around Bedgebury the other day. And had a few good rides in between.

Anyway, some nice photos below (with various lock and GoPro appendages -- sorry photo purists).

5YlUky3.jpg

29O6H2p.jpg

Finally dug the F7 forks out of the barn (thanks to stewlewis of this parish). There's a nice orange patina to bits of the fork, but fundamentally in good condition.

Here's what they look like now:

Qz4p8PF.jpg

F0ESUrN.jpg

On the scales (rust and all) they come out at 870g. A good weight saving over the RC-36s on my bike currently.

Right. Time to get out the Nitromors, wire wool and Autosol. Hopefully I can retain the one good Series 8 sticker on them too.

id bang it in a bath of cheap cola cola and soon come up mint.

bin the sticker and get gil on here to do you some

Kingswood":35nqy938 said:

Might be worth a try -- guess I still have to Nitromors the lacquer off though.

As for the stickers, I don't think Gil can do the shiny ones. Those 'Series 8' stickers are hard to come by...

WandsworthRouleur":8k9pb6sn said:
Kingswood":8k9pb6sn said:

Might be worth a try -- guess I still have to Nitromors the lacquer off though.

As for the stickers, I don't think Gil can do the shiny ones. Those 'Series 8' stickers are hard to come by...

yeah, pretty sure he can.............i got some for mine, have a look on my thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=364336&start=20

Back