Brodie mtb - Climbmax or Sovereign?

Ray_72

Dirt Disciple
Picked up a Brodie recently with Gatorblade fork and full deore mix groupset.

It has no decals apart from head tube so can't work out exactly what model it is. There are not many close up pix on the net. Definitely has the classic brodie noodles and rear brake bridge treatment so i am confident it is genuine.

Can anyone on here give any pointers in terms of frame details that will push it one way or another.

I will try to get some pictures up soon.

Cheers Ray

Of course, pics will be helpfull; maybe the frame# as well. I don't know if here in retrobike but on mtb-news we keep a record on frame# and build year/modell...

(The easiest way is sending an email to Paul Brodie and ask him for information about the frame, he has a record and ususally can tell you date and modell and even futher details)

Good luck!

Re:

Ok. Thanks will get photos and frame number up soon. The frame number is partially obscured by the BB cable guide.

I will need decals too so will email Paul when I get a clear frame number.

cheers Ray

Re:

As stated above you can message Paul, and with a donation, he can give you specifics on your purchase. As for the decals talk to Jimbo Toad. He's on here as well and he can help you out!!

Great to hear of another Brodie Ray :cool:

Looking forward to photos and more information :)

Re:

Brief update.

Paul himself confirmed its a climbMax sold August 1991.

Thanks to those who assisted and who sent private messages and emails.

Is there a guide to upload photos?

Cheers. Ray

Re:

Would be great to see some pictures of another Brodie on here, especially with gayorblades. You can use an online storage like photobucket and copy the image link in the text to get pictures. Theres some threads on here with a more detsiled explanation , you can use the search function to find them.

Great to have the confirmation from Paul :cool:

Looking forward to see this one progress :D

Re:

Evening all.

Apologies for lack of updates with this, I had a stuck seat post which only came out fairly recently by vertical cutting not something I would want to do again- shimano must have bought the very finest XT steel for those posts. I must have gone through two dozen quality blades, but no damage to the bike.

Speaking of seatposts the XT post removed is stamped 27.2, can anyone confirm this is indeed the correct size? I measured it and it varies 27-27.15 I think. I do have a 27mm post and that falls in so I am pretty sure 27.2 is right, just don't want to get it stuck again.

Also had a stuck BB but that didn't put up too much of a fight against some 3ft long 1930s truck spanners :twisted:

Next is a repaint I think, it could really do with it and deserves it-photos soon I promise.

Ray

Back