1989 Saracen Traverse. Project begins.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have just taken delivery of this little beauty. Thanks to cherrybomb for collecting and posting it up to me. :D

It's a 1989 Saracen Traverse in all it's purple glory! Only a few pictures for now but pleased to report that under the grime it actually looks in really good condition and defo on a par with my Tufftrax. Seeing how that turned out makes me hope for similar results with this.

Back in 1989 when I was making frequent visits to the bike shop I loved the look of these. I couldn't quite stretch to the £400 asking price though so ended up with the Tufftrax. Spec wise it's virtually all Mountain LX. Also included is the all important Saracen bottle cage and it even has the original bottle! ;)

Plan is to give it a full strip down, clean, polish, fit amber walls, find a proper Saracen saddle and top cap for the left shifter and then line it up next to the Tufftrax. I need one of the two to stick a child seat on and as the Tufftrax needs it's hubs looking at it looks like that task will fall to the Traverse. :cool:

Attachments

• 20170309_123410.jpg
    20170309_123410.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 633
  • 20170309_123416.jpg
    20170309_123416.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 632
  • 20170309_123429.jpg
    20170309_123429.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 633
Re:

There a Saracen Traverse sized hole in the man cave! I need to find something to fill it. :D

It is in very nice nick, hopefully should be an easy refurbishment project.

Re:

These things seem to survive really well :LOL:
I thought they were powder coated from new ? i had a 92 Sahara and blue Tufftrax similar to yours too .
Should be a good un :cool:

Paul

Awesome :cool:

Was this that £17 eBay score from a while back?

Really looking forward to seeing the restoration. Mind you, looks in good nick.

Rodrigues":rexcmdzf said:
Awesome :cool:

Was this that £17 eBay score from a while back?

Really looking forward to seeing the restoration. Mind you, looks in good nick.

Yep, the very same. No time at the minute but this shouldn't need much more than a set of amber walls and a strip down + clean. Keeping my eye out for a saddle though.

Back