95 Zaskar LE

Lhatch4

Fat Chance Fan
I just picked up an old Zaskar that appears to be in really good condition. The seller said it was a 93 but from the serial number I think it is a 94. My plan is to put it back to stock form and the good news is that most of the original parts are there. Pictures are coming soon. The number is 09944770.

Re: 93-94 Zaskar LE

legrandefromage":grz15pij said:
94-95 and still has the increasingly rare XTR rings

What he said.

0994 could be a late 94 or early 95 model year frame as frames built later in the year were often intended for the following model year. If those decals are original (and I'd guess they are as until pretty recently they were unavailable) then I'd go with 95.

By '95 I have a feeling that the Zaskar LE was only available either as a frame or a frameset with Judy SL fork (thankfully easier to get hold of than the MAG 21 SLs spec'ed on the 94) through the Tech Shop.

If it was available as a full bike, it would have been full XTR M900 with either Syncros or Kore finishing kit.

Re: 93-94 Zaskar LE

The seller was telling me that it had the original drive train on it and only the forks and bars had been changed. It has xt shifters, derailleurs and v brakes on it. I thought that was odd so I asked him if it originally had cantilever brekes. He thought about it for a minute and said that it did and he thought he still had them. He went into his garage and came back with a coffee can that had tape on it that was labeled xtr brakes and levers. Everything but the rear derailleur was in the can and in excellent condition. I'm having trouble with pictures but I'll get them up soon.

Re:

Excellent result. :cool:

Sounds like you could still get them as fully built bikes in 95 then.

An LE certainly wouldn't have had XT as standard it would have been XTR or XC Pro, although I think the Suntour option was only available up to 93/94.

Re:

Attachments

• xtr.jpg
    xtr.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,817
  • xtr front.jpg
    xtr front.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,818
  • xtr brakes.jpg
    xtr brakes.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,817
  • xtr levers.jpg
    xtr levers.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,817
Re:

The seller also told me that the wheel set was original. I would think that it would be XTR M900 hubs as well. Is there any way it would have come with these White Industries hubs?

Attachments

• GT back.jpg
    GT back.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,807
  • GT 2.jpg
    GT 2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,807
  • GT 3.jpg
    GT 3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,807
  • GT 4.jpg
    GT 4.jpg