My Raleigh Torus titanium

daztorusfs

Retro Newbie
Here is my Raleigh Torus titanium. Let me know what you think. A few of the bits are getting on a bit now, and in need of replacement or upgrade when I can afford it.
I started off with a blue '93 model Torus LX, bought selling off in '94. I replaced the frame in '95 for a polished version, after I put a big dent in the original one (gutted; it cost me more than the whole LX bike). The only original components left are the LX cranks...

Attachments

• Raleigh Torus Titanium.jpg
    Raleigh Torus Titanium.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 5,144
I do have a soft spot for the old Raleigh's :cool:

Thats really quite nice ;)

If it were mine though, I'd source some new polished crank arms for it (which, if you look in the For Sale section on here, you could pick some up for peanuts) and go for matching bottle cages. But thats just my opinion! :LOL:

Love the bike and love the forks fella :D

black cranks = cool, although I will agree with matching (or losing) the cages.

Still regret not buying a Torus that was advertised on here for small money soon after i joined.

JeRkY":3j89xf4c said:
black cranks = cool

I agree, but I'm just fussy as I think they look cheap when they get heel scuffed :roll: Hence, I have just changed the black ones on my Avalanche for polished LX jobbies.

Yup, I'm vain ;)

Very nice.... I wonder what the 'FS' stands for after the Torus name? Perhaps
Frameset. I've seen other Torus frames with 'XT', presumably sold with
Shimano XT groupset?

I'd love to get a Torus frame to add to my bonded Dyna-Techs.

Dynatech":3gjqzoxv said:
Very nice.... I wonder what the 'FS' stands for after the Torus name? Perhaps
Frameset. I've seen other Torus frames with 'XT', presumably sold with
Shimano XT groupset?

I always took it to mean Front Suspension.

It meant Frameset, Both Raleigh and X-lite sold this frame, some had the `Ti Rex Trimmell fork too...

The XT does indeed mean XT groupo.

I had three of these frames including one that came with STX, soon upgraded that though!

Back