Project 'rat' Mount Vision - my first ever Marin!!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
So here it is, the project 'rat bike', bought on a whim, so as many of you will no doubt say, it won't stay long....!! :LOL: :facepalm:

I stupidly didn't abide by my own rule of - make sure the seller takes the BB out, or you just know it will be seized.....fortunately, I was high on pain killers and tea due to having another virus ( :roll: ) so I did eventually manage to get the bar steward out, but it really was quite a trial. BB shell was spotless apart from being full of mud!!

Needs one hell of a clean up and polish, Kaz stylee, but seems to be tight in the bearings and bushes, as the actress said to the vicar, though I'm not too sure about that shock. When I backed the spring totally off to try and get in there and clean things up with a rag in between, there didn't seem to be a lot of resistance on the actual piston, is that normal? Bit of a novice still with full sus to be fair......

Attachments

• Marin MV 004.JPG
    Marin MV 004.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 909
  • Marin MV 003.JPG
    Marin MV 003.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 908
  • Marin MV 002.JPG
    Marin MV 002.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 909
  • Marin MV 001.JPG
    Marin MV 001.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 909
Re:

Thank you, I couldn't resist as it was my size, and they always seem to be a size too big whenever I see one come up on eBay. I know they don't tend to go for a lot, but this one does seem good, apart from the worming under the lacquer and general fading to the swing arm.

Don't intend to go over board and get it resprayed, will just polish it up as best I can and sticker it up a bit for now.

Oooh I like that Kaz :cool: Looking forward to the progress on this one. How many have you got on the go now? :LOL:

Re:

:facepalm:

Don't ask....the Santa Cruz, this one, and your Dirt Research which is in theory being built up for a mate now, but nothing is really happening to anything as things have conspired against me the last few days!

Re:

Wire wool time ....

DSC_0035_zps72d1651f.jpg

Re:

Probably the most underrated of all sus bikes in my opinion... loved mine.

Enjoy.

al.

<sighs> It'll end up too small/ large/ left/ orange/ beige...

Every single one I've had has faded to yellow from a bright orange - I've had about 7 over the years.

They do work well and benefit from an air shock over those very heavy spring shocks.

Chose forks carefully as the back end is very plush.

Re:

Erm.....while waiting for an electrician who of course hasn't turned up, I've polished the mango/yellow swing arm and can confirm it's crack free and very faded :LOL:

Now, I've convinced myself the shock is knackered, and have measured it as 160mm eye to eye, does that sound about right? And about 40mm of 'travel'....? Can someone confirm what I'm looking for if I go on eBay.....have to say, I do prefer the look of a coil spring because I can pretend it's a motor bike, don't ask.....

Thanks for all the positive feedback, as you all know it's doubtful I'll keep it, but if I could source a cheap shock and some SIDs, then who knows.......

Back